Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Taking Trazodone to sleep  (Read 462 times)

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
Taking Trazodone to sleep
« on: January 15, 2014, 06:45:36 PM »
Hi all. I have a bit of a weird/embarrassing question to ask. I take Trazodone to sleep. I used to take Ambien, and recently switched. OK, now for my "thing". Sometimes I will wake up in the middle of the night, let the dogs out to pee (I have one that has seizures and because of her meds, can't hold her bladder) then after they come back in I go pee. Almost every night, I sit on the toilet and I wonder "am I awake or asleep, and am I in the correct place to actually pee?"

Not sure why this happens. I have never gone anywhere else, and never had a problem with it.  Just seems to be one of those strange things....

Anyone else willing to admit this or any other strange thing????
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Taking Trazodone to sleep
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 07:30:08 PM »
I was told by my doctor today that trazadone can cause propianism(an erection that doesn't go away) in males and this can be serious.

Trazadone doesn't really help me to sleep anymore, and it's kind of hard on my stomach and liver. It used to work great though.
Bookmark and Share
I'm working on being happy with what I can do, rather than sad for what I cannot do

Offline Teran

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 10:59:56 PM »
I actually take Trazodone (75mg) and I got that odd feeling like I don't know if I am having a dream or I am doing something in real life.  It caused very vivid dreams for the first few days and that what gave me the feeling. It has since stopped.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kissa

• I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 06:51:14 PM »
That happened to me after I first started taking Ambien to sleep. I have since switched off that, but may go back, it helps more than what I'm currently taking.
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Tags: