Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can feel my heart beating in chest all the time!!  (Read 304 times)

Offline Emski1980

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Can feel my heart beating in chest all the time!!
« on: January 15, 2014, 04:55:29 PM »
Hi my name is Emma

I am really badly suffering with anxiety at the moment. Feeling jittery all the time my muscles in my back are so tight its painful to move. They are all worrying me but the worst is i can sit trying to watch television and i can feel my heart beating through my chest its really worrying me does anyone else have this ??
Would really like to chat with some people

Thanks for reading
Bookmark and Share

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can feel my heart beating in chest all the time!!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 06:12:08 PM »
Hi Emski,

What you are describing is known as palpitations, and they are quite common in people with anxiety.  Palps can be simply being aware of your heartbeat, feeling it beating in your chest (as you are), or palps can also be missed or skipped beats.

I would say that it is probably one of the more common symptoms of anxiety.  I know it is really scary.  But, palpitations are generally no cause for alarm.   If you can distract yourself, and not worry about them, you will find that you will experience this less frequently.

Good luck to you, Emski.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sweetpea8

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 08:26:26 PM »
I too have had this. I agree with Buzzbee, the more attention you pay it, the worse it will get. I know thats hard to do when you are freaking out about something but try to do something relaxing. I also get he muscle weakness. When I am having an anxiety attack when I walk down stairs my legs feel really wobbly, so I understand that feeling.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Emski1980

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 10:47:18 AM »
Thanks to both replies really appreciate it x
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moff

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 05:34:49 PM »
I get this regularly too. Hearing your heart beating heavy can also be hypersensitivity, as in you wouldn't notice if you weren't anxious. And once you notice it, it does get worse!
I get the tight muscles too. I think it's just from being 'on edge' and jittery for a long time. I've been told to stretch a lot and get massages. And also to try not to get stuck in one position too long because my shoulder has a tendency to lift up and tighten my back, neck etc.
Good luck, you're definitely not alone!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: