Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I think i have GAD  (Read 178 times)

Offline somaj

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I think i have GAD
« on: January 15, 2014, 10:07:06 AM »
Hello, I posted in the intro section and thought I would also post in the secrion o think has the most relevance
hello,
my name is A.J. , i am 35 and have been suffering from what i believe to be GAD for about a year. Back in Feb 2013, i had what i believe to be a severe panic attack which i ended up going to the hospital for as i had no idea what else to do. my doctor did some blood tests and ekg and decided it was a panic attack. she prescribed me some xanax which i briefly took that night. the main problem is, i have never felt normal since that day. i have not had what i would call a severe panic attack again, but i never feel relaxed and i have what i feel are strange physical  issues that are difficult to explain. i thought i would lay them out and see what everyone thinks.

basically as soon as i wake up, i feel like my hands and feet are a bit tingly as i start to think about going to work and how bad my anxiety will be. it is  worth noting, it is not my job i am nervous about, but how my anxiety will affect my work.  my limbs will sometime feel light and almost numb.....not a physical numbness, i can still feel and what not, more of a mental numbness (if that  makes sense). i have a constant intense feeling through out my body all day long i feel it mainly in my head. i feel a bit spacey at times, like everything around me is happening too fast or i am looking at everything from a distance. i have a constant low ringing in my ears which gets louder as my anxiety increases. sometimes the issues are at there worst when i am in a quiet environment. being a software designer i am constantly in a quiet environment at work. when i can keep myself physically busy, the issues are not so pronounced , but they are still there. i do  not feel anxious about going anywhere or talking to people and i can pretty much act normal when around people, but i am constantly feeling the above all the time. I feel like I am starting to loose track of time as I feel I am in a constant fog.
v
i have had no severe trauma to bring this on...it seems to have just happened for no reason at all. the only thing i worry about intensively are the physical manifestations of  what i believe to be anxiety. my doctor also prescribed me celexa which tried to take a few times  but could get past 2 doses. i tried breaking them down to 5mg but still did not like the effects after only 2 doses.

i also tried therapy , but after a few weeks i stopped, as it was expensive i felt it was going nowhere.

so what do you all think. i would love to hear opinions on my symptoms and what course of action i should take. should i try another antidepressant? should i just keep on trying to beat it on my own? I do have an appointment with a new doctor next week and would like to go in armed with some experienced knowledge from people going through the same.

well that's it i think. Is it possible to beat this without extreme medication? I have started exercising and taking some vitamin supplements (general multi vitamin and fish oil). I really do not want to have to become dependent on an antidepressant
Bookmark and Share

Offline chris1234

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I think i have GAD
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 12:25:31 PM »
I'm 20, and for me it panned out the same way in which I had a panic attack for no reason and now I'm here two years later still not knowing what's going on.... I kinda went nuts for a while cuz I thought there had to be something physically wrong with me but I guess not .... I just yesterday went to get some treatment and got some meds that I should take, I thought this was something that would just go away but I guess not ... For me and you I think we just need someway to get back to feeling normal for a while and well be fine because like u I also don't have any trauma or reason to be anxious but I guess it just happens one day to people like us ... I'm starting meds in hoping that they bring me back to normal enough to where I can get off them and live normally again...I've tried all the alternative natural therapies and in my opinion it just made me think more and didn't work ... Hope u feel better soon and keep me updated
Bookmark and Share

Offline somaj

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 02:16:42 PM »
Always good  to hear am not the only one going through this. Just curious what meds were you given? Be good to hear what your experience is  with whatever you are taking.
Bookmark and Share

Offline chris1234

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 03:27:34 PM »
Of course, I was given Zoloft and had a really bad experience I thought I was dying after the 3rd dose... Xanax works pretty well but I don't wanna get addicted to it ... Now I'm trying miltown ... It's like one of the oldest anxiety drugs out there well see how it works .. If it doesn't I'm gonna have to try and antidepressant because mine is getting pretty bad ... For u I wouldn't worry so much about the physical symptoms those are the easiest to treat ... If ur interested the combo of high dose fish oil and gluten free diet has gotten rid of a lot of my physical symptoms but well see how it turns out
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything