Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Overanalyzing stool...  (Read 253 times)

Offline olethros

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Overanalyzing stool...
« on: January 14, 2014, 10:52:57 PM »
For the last year I've been pretty obsessed with checking my stool. The vast majority of the time I've not seen anything. A couple of times I've seen a small amount of blood, but I'm pretty sure it's either fissures or hemorrhoids. I did a stool test at the doc after I saw some last year and it came up fine. Lately I've been trying to force myself not to examine everything. I allow myself to glance back but I try not to stare at it and analyze. Today though, I saw some red stuff in the stool that I'm 100% sure was food, but there was another spot that I thought I might have seen a tint of red on the outside. Instead of checking it out further though I flushed and let it go, but now I'm worrying that I should have checked more, that it was blood, etc.  There's been so many times when I thought for sure I did see something though but it wasn't blood, though ... but because I didn't check I feel like I should have. I've even had dreams lately about seeing blood in my stool. It's driving me nuts. Surely it would be more obvious than that though, right? I mean I've not lost weight or been fatigued or anything like that. I was a little sick the last couple of days but this morning I woke up feeling great, but now this is kinda dragging me down...
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Overanalyzing stool...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 06:02:49 AM »
You've said you started this about a year ago.  Why?  What brought it on?
Bookmark and Share

Offline olethros

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 06:27:35 AM »
Last February I started having some stomach issues - diarrhea, some abdominal pain, and a couple of times noticed a little bit of blood on my stool (maybe a drop or something). I also lost weight. I freaked out of course and finally in March went to the doc. They did a blood test, stool and urine test, endoscopy and abdominal ultrasound which were all fine and basically left it at IBS. This was right at the end of March, beginning of April. Almost everything went back to normal after that. Especially after I started taking a probiotic the only issue I've really had is sometimes my schedule is off - I used to go like clockwork but now it's a little off. But ever since then, especially because they didn't do a colonscopy, I just kept being fearful of that. And so I've just sort of obsessed about it. Now any weird feeling or anything just sticks in my head and honestly I probably make up symptoms. I was actually doing good until right after Christmas. Started getting some more frequent heart palps and then some weird stomach sensations (possibly because of my worry about the palps). I'm only 30 so I know it's highly unlikely but my HA continually reminds me of the possibility and thus why I obsess...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 08:16:03 AM »
I overanalyze mine too. I would shake, be fearful, cry, heart racing over having to go to the porcelain. After my colonoscopy, i did ok. Now i am back at it afaid of signet ring cell
Bookmark and Share

Tags: