Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: GAD/Panic making me distant from friends and family.....anyone experience this?  (Read 170 times)

Offline bubbles18

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I notice that when I start having all my 101 symptoms I get really distant from practically everyone because talking to people sometimes ends up giving me anxiety :(. Its so weird how that happens and makes you feel. I highly dislike that it makes me feel very blah and distant from the world.  I supervise a department so you can only imagine how that ius to put on the happy hokey doe face and act as though everything is ok with me when its now and I dont even want to deal let alone talk to anyone because I feel horrible.  I even get annoyed with people being happy around me mind you when I am not feeling like this I am the most happy, cheerful, team player, talkative, jokster person which is how everyone knows me to be so its almost as though I am two people but maybe a hand full of people at work know I have this issue.  Geeessss I just want to get out of this funk! When is it going to get better?  I am curently on Sertreline yet again was off of it about a year now but had to get back on it :( hoping this starts to kick in soon.....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
A lot of people with anxiety, at some point in time, will back away from people. If my brothers comes to the house here with their kids, I will stay in my bedroom. I don't mind going down and saying hello. But sitting there with the lot of them is not my cup of tea at all. But they know it. They know it is my condition. It is never taken up the wrong way at all. If you can get that kind of understanding going on it might make things a bit easier for everybody involved. That you are not been rude. It is just your anxiety. People can also back away from friends. I am in my 40's now. When I was 20 I would say I had around 50 or so friends. Today you can count my friends on one finger. When my condition was at its worst years ago I let them all go and and done my own thing. I can't say it bothers me at all. I am long since passed that point in time. But things can go that way. So just play it as best you can if you want to keep your friends. Be as open as you can be. If they are good, true, friends they will accept you for who you are.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Kissa

• I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
I have noticed that the people I have backed away from are those that really don't understand what I am going through. Therefore, I feel a lack of support, because I believe this is something that unless you have gone through it, you don't know what its like.

I guess that's why I'm getting so comfortable with the people of this forum. Here I am among people that do understand! {hugs}
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Offline bubbles18

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thank you both for your responses and encouraging words I do appreciate it.  Kissa thanks for the hug I needed that  :happy0151: Very few people in my family as well as friends and coworkers know that I have this condition. It sucks but I am one not to share my business with the world and I am very private about personal things so sharing it with people is hard for me.  However, the people that really need to know do know and they are people whom matter in my life.  Today oddly enough I feel better and its been more manageable.  I also teach Zumba not sure if you ever heard of this but its been a challenge to control my symptoms and still give instruct the class for an hour.  Today went very well actually it  was geat and i didnt feel my heart racing uncontrolably hahahaha Well thanks again for the advise and it makes me feel good to know I am not alone and that here there are many whom understand exactly what I am going through gives me a sense of calmness.   :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: