Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: At this very moment I feel like I have a lump on my throat....help :(  (Read 150 times)

Offline bubbles18

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
This is another symptom that has lasted days for me. Ughhhhh its such a weird feeling like something is in my throat and/or its closing up on me.  I feel like I can't swallow which is very uncomfortable and frightening.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I notice if I start to think about or pay attention to it it feels worse but if I dont it gets better.  This GAD and Panic disorder is such a mental game.  You feel like your in constant battle between your positive thoughts and the negative ones.  It's like I know I have this but I still think I am dying from cancer, a heart attack, a stroke or brain tumor because of these everyday headaches I've been having for days now since my panic/anxiety kicked in full speed ahead.  It all sucks! Wish this aweful weird feeling in my throat would go away..... :( :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: At this very moment I feel like I have a lump on my throat....help :(
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 05:59:15 AM »
The old lump in the throat. One of the most common symptoms of anxiety. I think everybody gets it at one point or another. No magic cure for it. It does go away by itself. Just try and not focus on it. By doing that you are feeding the fear. That oddly enough is just part of the fear. So the less attention we give it the quicker it will go away. I know it can be hard to eat as well when you have this. Just pick certain types of food for now and I am sure it will clear up soon enough.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline kathmjon

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 01:43:56 PM »
Yes as Cuchculan says it is anxiety....a couple of people I know have had it so dont worry.....hope you feel better soon x
Bookmark and Share

Offline bubbles18

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 09:50:43 PM »
Thank you both for your responses.  Last night when I was reading other posts along with writing my own I started to not pay attention to the "lump in the throat" symptom and I actually felt better and it went away.  So weird how this all works. The mind is very interesting.  Today I had a good day thank goodness  :happy0151: Felt the lump in the throat a few times and have it a little now but not paying much attention to it so it hasnt worsened. Glad to know that this is a symptom of anxiety and others have too experienced this as well. Thanks again
Bookmark and Share

Tags: