Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Irregular smear test & colposcopy, ladies please help  (Read 441 times)

Offline anxiousa

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Irregular smear test & colposcopy, ladies please help
« on: January 13, 2014, 03:00:35 PM »
I ha my first smear last year (age 21) it came back irregular and I had to have a colposcopy, that came back clear but my next smear showed that I need another colposcopy, I was too afraid to ask questions when in the nurses office, and I don't want to schedule a doctors app to discuss it as I'm eventually over visiting the doctor every turn about, anybody been through this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chantelle

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: Irregular smear test & colposcopy, ladies please help
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 03:17:29 PM »
This is a very common problem and does not indicate that there is anything serious lingering. My Mom has had irregular paps for YEARS and she is perfectly fine. She just has to return regularly for check ups (once a year) to make sure that her cells don't change in any way. I've heard of other women having this issue too so don't fret and try to relax.
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 05:17:04 PM »
I had this at around your age. It is verrrry common. I had the LEEP procedure to remove the bad cells. Have had normal paps since (13 yrs now).  Had 2 healthy pregnancies. Most of the time your OB will watch and wait as the body will rid itself of bad cells. Try not to stress, you're fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 13
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 05:30:56 PM »
I third that. The tests now are very sensitive, and the vast majority of the time, it turns out to be nothing at all.  Especially since your first colposcopy was clear .Please try not to worry. I know it is hard, we all know that on here!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline Nevercalm

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 07:19:34 PM »
I also went through this. I had 2 irregular paps and went in for a colposcopy and she did a small biopsy it came back negative for anything serious then went for another pap and I was all clear! This stuff happens a lot it is nothing to worry about. Just keep going for your yearly paps :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: