Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone - shoulder injury from shot or vaccination?  (Read 71 times)

Offline br350

• Rec's: 27
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone - shoulder injury from shot or vaccination?
« on: January 13, 2014, 10:24:57 AM »
I had an annual flu shot on December 18th and my arm is still quite sore in the area where I got the shot.  Almost 4 weeks later here I am with the same discomfort.  It was given very high up on the deltoid muscle and hurt REALLY bad going in.  :traurig001:  I'm frustrated as I think some nerve was irritated or that the injection went into the bursa or some space in the shoulder joint where it shouldn't have gone.  Or it's a vaccine reaction (to something in the shot).   I should never have let my doctor talk me into it.  I NEVER get flu shots.  >:(

I corresponded with my doctor who told me same thing happened to him with last year's flu shot and a nerve may have been irritated.  He told me to give it some more time.   

Has anyone else had lingering shoulder pain after a vaccination or shot of any kind in the deltoid area?  How did it resolve and what did you do?

Thanks for any feedback.   I appreciate you reading this.   :yes:
Bookmark and Share
"Worrying is like a rocking chair: It gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere."

Offline oregoncoastlady

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone - shoulder injury from shot or vaccination?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 08:13:56 PM »
I have never had an arm injury from a vaccine, but have heard this can happen. Maybe someone with first hand experience can pipe in on this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline br350

• Rec's: 27
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone - shoulder injury from shot or vaccination?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 11:51:51 AM »
Thanks oregoncoastlady.   :yes:  I don't wish this on anyone but if anyone else has had an issue, it would be comforting to know.
Bookmark and Share
"Worrying is like a rocking chair: It gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere."

Tags: