Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Trying Adderall for brain fog and fatigue....any experience with that??  (Read 250 times)

Offline NODAK1979

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So I've had fairly persistent fatigue and brain fog for about a year now...had bunches of tests run, from an MRI to blood work, to a sleep study....and nothing odd.  Everybody is convinced it's a stress/anxiety/depression type thing.  So, I've tried some SSRI's and Wellbutrin...while they help my lows, I don't necessarily feel better from a fatigue/fog standpoint.

It's especially bad if I'm in a place or situation that's boring....like if I'm at work, at my desk, and not a lot to do.  Or a long, boring drive.  It's awful.  I just space and my head feels heavy.

So apparently Adderall has been shown to help in this department.  Have you had any experiences??  I'm starting at 10mg of the immediate release generic.
Bookmark and Share
I'd love to make more friends who deal with anxiety.  My ***** name is chriscontroversial if anybody would like to talk or just connect for support! :)

Online insights

• Rec's: 93
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Trying Adderall for brain fog and fatigue....any experience with that??
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 10:22:07 PM »
So apparently Adderall has been shown to help in this department.  Have you had any experiences??  I'm starting at 10mg of the immediate release generic.

Adderall is a stimulant so should help with fatigue, but I'm not so sure how much it will do for the brain 'fog' as this depends on what is causing it. Even though antidepressants didn't ease it, it may still be depression linked in which case there probably won't be a significant change. The potential downside is that it will send your anxiety through the roof. Did Wellbutrin increase your anxiety levels? If not, then perhaps Adderall won't either.

Please let us know how this pans out.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Andrew90

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 11:46:32 PM »
It ultimately depends on how you react to the drug. In my own personal experience, I have found that it helps tremendously with focus, motivation, and mood...however it does have its downsides. It can make you irritable, and it can definitely exacerbate anxiety, especially during the 'come down' that you get as the drug wears off. The best course of action is to start at a small dosage and see how you feel from there.

Let us know how it goes for you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline beast216

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 06:03:24 PM »
I took lexapro and a drug called starterra which was similar to aderol. together for many years. It definitely helped with my focus at work and energy.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: