Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Obsessed with how I feel. Inventing things to look up  (Read 365 times)

Offline beast216

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Obsessed with how I feel. Inventing things to look up
« on: January 12, 2014, 03:40:00 PM »
Hi

I am guessing this is a shared problem, but I can think of nothing else other than how I feel. Even when reading a story to my daughter, or watching tv, I am not present...just thinking about whether I feel good or not.

I really have nothing specifically wrong with me, other than I just feel crummy. It is such a vague symptom that I find myself inventing things to look up that might be the cause. Almost everyone around me says I am not myself, and that I look run down and pale.  However, every doctor test says I am ok.  I just know I struggle to do anything too active, and am constantly worried about making plans because I am worried I wil feel run down or not well. 

I don't really fear a terminal disease is going on here, just pretty convinced something is causing me to feel this poor for so long.  I am just so frustrated I don't feel better.

I am trying to determine whether continuing to see if anything is actually causing this. Or if it is simply anxiety over how I feel. Or some bit of depression.

Something has not been right for about three months. Trying to get some advice whether to continue with the doctor, a therapist, who.

Thanks all
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lovemydogs

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Obsessed with how I feel. Inventing things to look up
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 04:31:33 PM »
Awwww sorry you are not feeling well, I can relate to you, I always think something is wrong (hate it) people talk to me,and I have no idea what they said. Maybe it's a little bit of depression. We worry so much, and believe something is wrong we depress ourselves. I have no energy, always tired because all the energy goes to worrying. I hope ya feel better.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
😳

Offline i960

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 04:35:41 AM »
What's the worse thing that would happen if you felt run down or not well after making plans? Realize that you can take that risk and accept the calling off of plans, without making the thing a self-fulfilling prophecy.

99% of anxiety/panic disorders can be summed up by one word: fear.
Bookmark and Share

Offline beast216

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 11:16:06 AM »
Thanks for the encouragement.

I really need to and want to just get active again..hang with friends, family, play sports that I love, etc.  I always find myself looking at other people and wondering why I don't feel as good as they do...wonder how they can always be "on."  For example, I have a mens league hockey game tonight...I haven't played in three months because I have felt sick and I will cancel tonight because I don't have the energy (or at least I feel like that).  I am always amazed at the guys my age (mid 30's) who go every week...I just can't imagine feeling good enough to commit every week.

This is what I am going through.  I wonder if getting a clean bill of health friom my doctor (which is essentially what I have gotten through blood test) to exercise would help.  Then I just need to do it.  If something is really wrong...it will surface.

Again...thanks for the help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 11:40:33 AM »
It is depression...not severe form but still. The point is, if you keep waiting to feel good to do something you will probably never do it.

One of the ways to fight depression is to do something even though you don't feel like doing it. For example, go to that game even though you feel you don't have energy. Go for a walk even though you feel like sitting home and lying in bed.

When you are depressed, you can't really trust emotions to guide you. Try to listen to the rational mind.

Therapist and some antidepressant would help for sure, but my suggestion is to try first on your own.

Take care!
Bookmark and Share

Offline i960

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 01:30:13 PM »
Indeed. The age old "fake it till you make it" directly applies here. Anxiety is not a death sentence. In fact it's usually temporary once you figure out how to get the brain to stop triggering the sympathetic nervous system. The latter is done by accepting the situation and just doing stuff anyway. It's mind over matter.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 03:27:49 PM »
What are your specific symptoms?  Are you able to sleep at night?
Bookmark and Share

Offline beast216

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 05:47:03 PM »
What are your specific symptoms?  Are you able to sleep at night?

Sleep is hit or miss. Sme good nights some bad.

As for symptoms. I know it sounds weird but it is like somehting is just not right. Like my blood hurts under my skin. My muscles also shake like crazy after the slightest exertion.  The feeling of walking down stairs after going for a run. That shaky feeling. Also get some weird sensory problems. If something moves in the corner I think it is coming right at me. Same goes if I watch tv. Very jumpy. Just to name a few. Haha
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 06:03:55 PM »
Any joint pain?
Bookmark and Share

Offline beast216

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 07:13:22 PM »
Any joint pain?

Some hand pain. Doing a lot of hand wringing lately. And some burning, tingling, campy legs
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 07:57:27 PM »
Have you been checked for Lyme?  Sounds a lot like how I felt when I had Lyme
Bookmark and Share

Tags: