Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: brain tumor? anxiety? need help :(  (Read 315 times)

Offline mct425

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
brain tumor? anxiety? need help :(
« on: January 12, 2014, 10:09:43 AM »
So I've been having this weird facial pressure since October.  Thought it was eye strain so went to an opthamologist who said all was fine.  Went to my GP twice who said all was fine.  I started worrying that perhaps there was a sinus tumor.  So I went to an ENT who ran a CT scan that came up perfectly clear.  He diagnosed my issues as "sinus pressure" (even with perfectly clear sinuses) and suggested I speak to my GP about anxiety issues. 

My DH has been sent on a 2 week long trip to a dangerous area in the world and I'm home with my infant. I'm worried sick about him and his well-being.  The facial pressure is still there and feels worse than it did a couple months ago AND now I'm having a hard time sleeping at night.  I googled insomnia to get some strategies to deal with it and one of the responses was that it could be a brain tumor.  So now I'm totally freaked out!!  Facial pressure and insomnia???

My family thinks it's all due to stress and anxiety and are opposed to my seeing a neurologist.  They said it would be just another doctor/test that would validate nothing is wrong...and I wouldn't believe it.

Would love any thoughts on this....just so frustrated with this facial pressure going on 3 months now and there be "nothing" wrong.  Is that really possible?????
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: brain tumor? anxiety? need help :(
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 10:33:45 AM »
I have actually known people who have had brain tumors and the common symptom among them all
were progressively worsening headaches.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 10:46:28 AM »
Well this pressure isn't really a headache. It's pressure across my nose and in the cheek area.
But the insomnia? My mind just races at night with worry over dh and this face pressure.

My family thinks my fears are irrational about tumors-and that if the ct scan had indicated anything off, the ent would've sent me to the right person. Instead he sent me home with an order to discus anxiety with the gp.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 01:44:05 PM »
Your symptoms match sinus issues to a tee.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 02:01:58 PM »
You sound like you have a sinus headache. I get them in the winter. You might have a deviated septum which would make it worse. Try using a sinus spray and see what happens. Brain tumors often come with seizures and a blinding headache.

Quick edit: The insomnia is probably stress and if you recently gave birth, it might be your hormones. Like clockwork during ovulation and pms, I get early morning insomnia. I find getting up and watching a boring movie helps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 02:44:01 PM »
Yes I thought the insomnia was stress related but had no idea it was also a symptom of brain tumor. The ent said the pressure was just that-sinus pressure. He said some people suffer with it 24/7 for months at a time. Having dh gone isn't helping at all-worried over his well being all the time. It's so frustrating because deep down I know there's no tumor but yet I can't seem to believe it. Is that part of HA?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dayvid

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 05:11:15 PM »
I have been there with the brain tumor fear - still am sometimes!

My cousin had one - thankfully it was operated on and he's fine. But as far as i know the first symptoms are usually the worst headache ever OR seizures quite often.

What yo describe - i've never heard that. And trust me, i've read a LOT

Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 08:09:22 PM »
Thanks all-I just need to learn to have faith in the 3 doctors and 1 dentist who have said there is nothing medically wrong other than tension and anxiety. I'm hoping when dh returns home that some of this will ease up. His current trip has been very stressful for everyone. 

The sinus pressure thing is a new one for me but the ent says he treats many patients who have it. He also suspected some tmj as a contributor. But I saw my scans and they were as clear as day.

I do know that if I wake up mid-night the pressure is totally gone. It starts once I've been awake for awhile. Plus my neck feels tight from tension.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: