Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Newbie here!  (Read 143 times)

Offline Leecampas

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Newbie here!
« on: January 12, 2014, 06:15:32 AM »
Hi everyone
I'm new to this forum and just want to introduce myself!
I suffer from health anxiety and am a hypochondriac.
I've been through heaps of medical tests in the past.. I.e breast scans, abdominal scan, 2 CT Brain scans, blood tests, thinking I have MS etc!
When ever I think I have something wrong with me I get those symptoms and they last for weeks even months! Until I get a scan and get the all clear then I'm fine. Lately I've been having neuro symptoms tingling all over scalp, tmj pain, sharp neck pains, muscle spasms over scalp, can't even wear my hair up cause it hurts, facial tightness this hands been happening for over 4 weeks I had this 7 months ago and lasted 3 months until I had a ct scan and was all clear it went away! Not its come back I hate it and just can't understand  how anxiety can do this all day everyday for Months!!!! I'm pregnant so I can't take much pain medication!
Anyone in the same boat??
Bookmark and Share

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Newbie here!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 08:48:28 AM »
Hi Lee,

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Health Anxiety (HA) is a beast.  It can cause all kind of symptoms.  And, unfortunately, it is ALWAYS something.  When one fear leaves, another arrives to take its place.  There are many people here who struggle with HA, so I'm sure you will find comfort and support here.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Tags: