Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Throat and ear concern... Anyone had this before??  (Read 165 times)

Offline nole23

• Rec's: 6
    • Poke This Member
Throat and ear concern... Anyone had this before??
« on: January 12, 2014, 06:10:18 AM »
Hi all,
Happy new year!
Here's my latest... For the past few weeks I have been having on/off dull ear ache. It started the week before my wedding so I put it down to tmj from stress/nerves. Then I started getting weird sensations in my mouth. My tongue on that side feels tingly and when I lay down my throat began to feel weird on that side too, like something was stuck in it and a bit numb/sticky (hard to describe). Now it's got worse and my throat on that side feels like something is stuck there but I don't feel particularly congested or anything. It could be post nasal drip but I'm worrying that there is something there causing these sensations, my big worry is a tumor of course. It worriese that it's only the one side and that it's been there for about 3-4 weeks on and off. Could this be allergy related? Or do I need to get it checked out ASAP? Please help am a bit freaked out... :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Throat and ear concern... Anyone had this before??
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 07:53:26 AM »
Could easily be allergies
Bookmark and Share

Offline Echo Hotel

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 10:48:17 PM »
Oh man... I have been experiencing something really similar to this! Since Thanksgiving I have had ear pain on one side as well as tongue or throat pain on that side and sometimes I even feel it down the front of my neck. I feel it every day. It actually started with a scalded tongue sensation and progressed to pain. I have seen an ENT twice and been scoped--he can't are anything there and can feel no swelling. I'm going one more time this Friday and after that I'm chalking it up to TMJ, which is what he thinks it is.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this but I'm sort of glad I'm not alone! I could swear there is a sore spot back there or a lymph node causing the pain but, like I said, the doctor sees nothing and when I poke around I don't feel any swollen lymph nodes either. Crazy. Hope you feel better! And me too :)
Bookmark and Share
"Hear, O Israel: Thou art to pass over the Jordan this day, to go in to possess nations greater and mightier than thyself, cities great and fenced up to heaven, a people great and tall, whom thou knowest, and of whom thou hast heard say, Who can stand up before giants?" Deuteronomy 9:1-2

Offline Compulsive

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 10:53:10 PM »
Well I would always think there was something in my ears or nose but there was always nothing. Im guessing its a alergies  had closing the pathways
Bookmark and Share

Offline nole23

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 11:20:30 AM »
I'm glad I'm not alone in this! I also decided it may be TMJ... Let's hope it goes away for both of us!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: