Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What does this mean?  (Read 213 times)

Online rileybug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What does this mean?
« on: January 11, 2014, 10:48:01 PM »
Had a ultrasound done last week.  About half through the tech left and came back with her boss(so she said)  She said she was new and her boss was checking her work.  Ive had lots of scans done and never heard of that.  Maybe  something bad was showing.  Any feedback woul be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline i960

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 11:10:46 PM »
It's unlikely they would be making a diagnosis right then and there as it is. I can see how this would be concerning, but you have to not dwell on it.
Bookmark and Share

Online patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 08:01:29 AM »
Whats wrong with the explanation you were given?  It was a new tech whose boss wanted to check her work.  Perfectly logical and common place.

Bookmark and Share

Online rileybug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 12:10:47 PM »
ive had at least 12 scans done and never encountered that before-seemed odd to me.  Why wouldn the second person just stand and watch in the beginning.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 12:40:38 PM »
If techs are new they need they boss to make sure they got good scans. The reason the boss wasn't in there at first was probably due up wanting to give the tech some time to do her thing without breathing down her neck. My friend used to be an ultrasound tech and said her boss checked on her all the time when she was new.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 01:54:07 PM »
Yeah, this sounds like a really commonplace thing. It's really not that surprising that even though you've had 12 scans, this has only happened in once... because how many of those scans were done by a new employee or someone that just got hired? That's not something that's bound to happen very often. You are overthinking it.

It's just like someone's manager watching them check people out at the grocery store for the first time making sure that they're doing it correctly and are working up to par. That doesn't mean that there's something wrong with them, the groceries, or you. I've also, out of the 100s of times I've been to the grocery store, only had new hire that was working and being observed by their manager a couple of times.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 01:56:54 PM »
Ps - the grammar in my last post was horrendous. I really need to stop replying on my phone. The teacher in me is embarrassed. Haha.

Btw - love your grocery store analogy Steph!
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tags: