Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Sore eye muscles everyday - blurry vision  (Read 166 times)

Offline Pingman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sore eye muscles everyday - blurry vision
« on: January 11, 2014, 09:42:15 PM »
Anyone else ever fixated on your vision to the point where you gave yourself anxiety and have sore eyes everyday? It is like my eye muscles are always sore and in bright light my vision is off.

I had been having panic attacks about MS and my vision since November. I finally have my anxiety under control and just began to sleep well again 3 nights ago. I was hoping my eyes would feel better sooner than this but it is like they are sore all the time. In bright light I feel like my vision is blurry.

I already had an MRI for MS which was clear so I assume any nasty brain issue would have shown. Have had two clear eye exams as well. Dr. days I am focusing on it too much. Just wondering if it takes awhile for eye strain to go away if its been happening for over a month.
Bookmark and Share

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sore eye muscles everyday - blurry vision
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 11:21:53 PM »
i have near constant eye strain as well and it can make my vision seem blurry. incidentally one of my biggest symptoms at the moment that i focus on is how sore my eyes are all the time. but the eyes have muscles in them as well, which are prone to tension just like the rest of our muscles are. chronic anxiety leads to chronic tension in all parts of the body and the eyes are no exception to this.

two clear eye exams is a very good indicator that your eyes are healthy. what's also great about eye exams is that they can catch a ton of problems in the brain, not just in the eyes. having not just one but two healthy eye readings is very positive reinforcement that there's nothing sinister going on in your eyes or in your brain. try to remember that whenever you feel nervous about your eye symptoms; i have to remind myself of the same thing every day. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pingman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sore eye muscles everyday - blurry vision
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 09:32:40 AM »
That's good info...thanks. It should be obvious to me that nothing sinister is going on with the 2 eye checks, optomap scan of the back of the eye and the MRI of the brain.

The eye issues all started back around Thanksgiving when I had an MS fear. The leg issues I had went away when I started checking my vision and then it all popped up. I too was having terrible Insomnia. All of that led into my first real panic attacks of my life. I have finally gotten those under control but the eye issues keep bothering me. Just when I think it is better light will cause then to be blurry or a jolt of some type and then my mind spirals.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: