Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Heart Rate Varies at Rest; is it anxiety, medication, or something else?  (Read 659 times)

Offline Abraham2007

• Rec's: 10
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
Re: Heart Rate Varies at Rest; is it anxiety, medication, or something else?
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 01:17:37 AM »
Bookmark and Share
Quacks prey on us Anxiety Disorder sufferers as part of the Mental Health community, since we can be desperate for healing.  Don't be victimized, instead be EDUCATED about  QUACKERY!!!!! http://www.quackwatch.com/ 

Offline Abraham2007

• Rec's: 10
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 01:21:38 AM »
[img width= height=]http://happyandroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/deleting-apps-on-android.jpg[/img]

It's either the Xanax or the app, drop the app, my friend.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
Quacks prey on us Anxiety Disorder sufferers as part of the Mental Health community, since we can be desperate for healing.  Don't be victimized, instead be EDUCATED about  QUACKERY!!!!! http://www.quackwatch.com/ 

Offline Andrew90

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 01:11:23 PM »
you guys are absolutely right. This app is driving me up the wall. I've had my cardiologist, psychiatrist, and cognitive behavioral therapist all tell me the same thing. It's in my best interest to stop taking my pulse.

On a side note, since dropping from 45 mg to 30 mg of the Remeron, I've lost 3 pounds! This was less than a week ago. This makes me very happy, because I had hoped all along I could pinpoint my weight gain to the remeron. I definitely feel that it slows metabolism, because my eating habits have remained unchanged.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dh1972

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 10:39:07 PM »
I too suffer from some cardio phobia (especially since cardio issues run in my family although most of the people had unhealthy lifestyles when they had problems with artery blockage) so I can relate a bit to taking pulse and even blood pressure occasionally.  I also get PVCs and PACs occasionally, but several different doctors including a cardiologist said that is fine.  I have noticed a greater frequency of cardio exercise has significantly lessened the frequency of them.  Bursts of anxiety can initiate them.

When my anxiety reached a high point last spring and I had two panic attacks, it scared the daylights out of me as I thought I was having cardio issues.  Ended up getting a stress-echo and everything was normal.  That in addition to some other events in my life just created an anxiety ball that I never got out of and heart issues are still at the back of my mind.  I've learned to apply CBT to other aspects of my life, but still struggling in regards to the cardio fear - something I need to work on.

By the way, going to the Psychiatrist for the first time ever on Wednesday. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Andrew90

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 12:18:40 AM »
Cardiophobia is a real drag...I try to block it from my mind, but that only makes it more at the forefront of my thoughts. It's tough, but I know there's a way to stop this freakishness if I change my behaviors and habits. Medications certainly help, as do therapy.

Let us know how your appointment goes :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: