Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Ultrasound Update  (Read 246 times)

Offline n50plic

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Ultrasound Update
« on: January 11, 2014, 01:25:07 PM »
So I went for my ultrasound today because of possible gall bladder issues and I'm not sure what to think. Maybe I shouldn't think anything but everyone is asking me how it went and what the technician said and to be honest, she didn't really say anything. All she said was, "ok your doctor will have the results by Monday or Tuesday. Have a nice weekend." So now of course I'm mentally replaying over and over and wondering what she saw. Maybe I should have asked her what she saw. Maybe she saw nothing and that's why she seemed so mellow. Maybe she saw a lot and that's why she didn't tell me everything looks fine. That's the part that obviously worries me the most. So anyway now I have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to find out what's going on in my gut. Should be a great weekend...yea right!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Luscion

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ultrasound Update
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 03:43:34 PM »
when i went for my EKG the nurse told me "alright thats it" picked up the results and left. When i went to the cardiologist a new minutes later and asked him about the results he said he couldn't find anything wrong with me. i too thought she found something serious. so dont worry  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 04:29:27 PM »
n50 - I had an ultrasound of my arm earlier last year. I felt like the technician went over a specific area over and over again. Then she left in the middle of the ultrasound and said she needed to go talk to the radiologist. I freaked out! Needless to say, the ultrasound came back completely normal! I found out that sometimes techs need to talk to the radiologist just to see if they have taken enough adequate scans or if the quality of the scans is good enough for the radiologist. I've been in your shoes and telling anyone with HA that they should try to not worry I feel is wasted words because that's what we do - worry. haha. If you can though, try to distract yourself and take stock in the stories others are sharing with you on here. You'll have those good results soon!
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline n50plic

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 04:58:00 PM »
Thank you for the positive words. And you are right it is impossible not to worry. I'm trying to distract myself. One of my friends she is a physician's assistant and she said that if the person saw anything that was a major concern she would have notified the doctor immediately. But who knows...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: