Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weakness, twitching, word problems and so on  (Read 273 times)

Offline Calamy

• The Golden Eyed Commander of Wishes
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • and Leon's getting larger!
    • Poke This Member
Weakness, twitching, word problems and so on
« on: January 11, 2014, 12:27:41 PM »
I am in such a bad state emotionally and my anxiety is extreme. Since last August I've had so much worry and anxiety -- started with being told something was up with my kidneys and I lost it waiting 2 weeks to see a proper doctor. So then they say oh don't worry or whatever. After I'd had a breakdown. I went on Celexa in September. I have been having tremors since upping the dose to 20 mg once a day.

I have been having problems over the past year or so finding words, typing the wrong words, making tons of mistakes, saying the wrong names, seeing the wrong letters for a split second and mistaking one word for another when reading. I have weakness in my left hand and twitching in my fingers, and migraines, and sometimes I strain too much on the toilet and give myself headaches so i wonder if I've had a stroke or seizure.

I am a pack of nerves and tremble all the time. I get angry and panicked and feel claustrophobic and panicky when I'm alone too long or have to wait for something too long or can't contact someone right away. I am severely depressed so I stare at walls a lot and think sad thoughts.

I keep wondering if I have CJD or something like dementia that's destroying my brain and ability to think right. I worry constantly and I saw a neurologist about a month or 2 ago who did the office exam and said I have migraines but he didn't see anything else. That was before my left hand was getting more weak, though. It tremors more strongly than my right and twitches more. When I hold my left hand a certain way my fingers jump a bit. I do lean on my left elbow constantly and I'm online many many hours a day (my life, pretty much). I have constant shoulder stiffness and soreness so it could be some pinched nerve or carpal tunnel. I do get weird feelings in my face too sometimes, like a weird slight numbness on the left side and this can also be felt sometimes in my left arm and leg. When I sit in the car I sit too hard on the left side and make my left hip sore and my leg numb. My left foot has been feeling weird for months on and off -- just on the top I feel this weird nerve thing like a nerve is pinched, like a sizzle tingle thing. WHen I touch the skin on top I feel it on the side.

My nerves are shot. I'm in a constant state of extreme panic. I take the celexa but it makes me flat and depressed. It also caused a lot of symptoms. I hyperventilate constantly. I have surges of adrenaline when I'm scared that goes through my legs like hot water. I sweat a lot and sometimes have nausea and dizziness or feel like I might pass out but I don't.

My iron is low and I'm fatigued.

I don't know what to think anymore. My neurologist in Canada basically is away all of january and I can't see him again til february. I'm in the states right now visiting my family. I don't have enough money to get an MRI out of pocket. I can go back to canada as I'm on a waiting list for a brain MRi but it can take 6 months to get called. So I'm waiting, but I'm not sure if i have a disease that's hurting me or if it's the anxiety. I don't know if I can or should be waiting 6 months for the scan. I worry about Alzheimers even though I'm only just turned 41. My uncle had it in his 70's. I qworry about CJD even though it's so rare. I worry about Lyme and thyroid issues because I have not been tested for those. I may have celiac and need a test for that.

I have serious money/family/self esteem problems. I don't feel like I belong anywhere (i originally wrote "anymore" just to show how I can't type). I read that some of the word stuff an be from thyroid, migraines, depression, anxiety plus a lot of scary stuff like strokes and more stuff I don't want to mention.

I need my brain checked and I feel hopeless and alone. I can't get an MRI here unless I guess I go to a hospital. If I go then I won't be able to pay the bill which I'm sure will be the price of a house. If I go back to Canada I can wait or pay out of pocket maybe 600 or 800 dollars and have my supplemental insurance cover 80% of it. I have about 800 in the bank, that's all i have. I feel like I can't get doctors to take me seriously.

I am so depressed because of it all.  I feel like I can't get any care. I called neuologists here in Texas but some said they don't even see personal pay people and one never called me back. I keep looking and just to see one will cost 200 - 400 and that's just an office visit. I need an MRI just to rule out some stuff but I don't know if I should just wait or go to a hospital. I feel like they will think I'm overreacting.

Bookmark and Share
"Fear is such a vicious thing; it wraps me up in chains." - Tears for Fears, "The Working Hour"

Offline Luscion

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weakness, twitching, word problems and so on
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 03:56:18 PM »
Most of the symptoms you mentioned sound like anxiety. the memory problems sound like Cortisol "Cortisol is the hormone your body releases during stress. Cortisol is known specifically to prevent the formation of memories and cause memory loss. When you have anxiety, you're essentially putting your body under long term stress and increasing the amount of cortisol in your system all throughout the day. That can have many potential repercussions, one of which is forgetfulness." - from http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/symptoms/forgetfulness

i too had twitching but all over my body and while i didnt have weakness in my left hand and migraines my mother did when she was going through anxiety. when they put her on meds for the anxiety those symptoms slowly went away. i wouldnt worry about it as anxiety can do crazy things to your body making you feel its something more serious than it is. trust me i know, i suffered with serious constant anxiety for a month and a half. i still get symptoms of anxiety but now i know what it is  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Calamy

• The Golden Eyed Commander of Wishes
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • and Leon's getting larger!
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weakness, twitching, word problems and so on
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 07:30:47 PM »
Thank you, Luscion. I just needed a little encouragement. I'm still surging with anxiety but your words have helped. I have to remind myself that all of this truly can be from anxiety, especially considering that the worst of it came about during an intensely stressful time and has been a battle since. I have not fully recovered from that relapse. It's a one day at a time thing.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear is such a vicious thing; it wraps me up in chains." - Tears for Fears, "The Working Hour"

Tags: