Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety and feeling jittery and sick  (Read 708 times)

Offline crissy212002

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety and feeling jittery and sick
« on: January 11, 2014, 01:09:26 AM »
I woke up this morning and felt fine until i smoked a cigerette and drank a cup of coffee then began to feel jittery and sick like so i layed down for awhile and didnt sleep to well. when i woke up i still felt kinda jittery but not as bad. I have had some slight chest pain today as well and all of a sudden i get real hot then it goes away after a few mminutes. Very scary. Does anyone else had anything like this happen to them with anxiety?
Bookmark and Share
Crissy212002

Offline abdul

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety and feeling jittery and sick
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 07:11:44 PM »
Yes, Crissy I've felt that way before that's why I don't drink coffee it really don't mix with most people who suffer with anxiety. I've notice the different a nice soothing tea can feel. I would recommend that, and also different breathing techniques calm the body. I hope u feel better!
Bookmark and Share

Offline crissy212002

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 09:49:27 PM »
Thank you so much for the reply.  It really helps to be able to talk to someone that knows what i am going through. I get so scared that i am having a heart attack. I try not to think about it but its like its all i think about. I have had 3 ekg's done that have came back good but it still stays stuck in my head that its a heart attack. Its been going on for aboit a year now. I dont know what to do. Is there a medicine that anyone recommends??
Bookmark and Share
Crissy212002

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 10:41:58 PM »
Hi Crissy...

I love coffee; haven't had a cup in several months, since this most recent episode of anxiety and panic attacks.  I am doing better now, and two days ago I made myself a cup.  After drinking just a third of a cup, I got real shaky.  I'm going to take Abdul's advise, and find a nice, calming tea to drink.

Since you seem very concerned about your heart, that being the organ you focus on, I would suggest that you do all you can to give up smoking.  I have never smoked, and I understand that giving it up is not easy, but that is one of the best things that you can do for your health, and for your anxiety as well.

The very best to you!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline crissy212002

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 01:08:09 PM »
Thanks Chuck for the reply. I deffently do need to lay down the smoking and as bad as i hate it i need to lay down the coffe as well.
Bookmark and Share
Crissy212002

Offline crissy212002

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 03:19:32 PM »
Does anybody get chest pains daily from anxiety and jaw soreness? I do and it scares me.
Bookmark and Share
Crissy212002

Offline Doxie Lover

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Hanging In
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 05:45:55 PM »
Pains, in various places, are very symptomatic of anxiety.  I used to get chest pains...now I get headaches when I'm freaking out.  Everyone gets something different.  But for sure, cigs and coffee won't help when you are anxious.  I try to reduce my coffee intake when I'm having anxiety and I quit smoking a looooong time ago.  Best thing you can do for yourself.

You might want to go to a general doctor for a check up just to rule out anything though. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline crissy212002

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 05:57:57 PM »
Thanks alot for the reply. I am deffently gonna cut out the cigs and coffee. I have been to 3 different doctors and they all did ekg's and blood test and eveything looked good. They said its anxiety and some acid reflux. But when the bad anxiety hits me i feel like i am dieing and i start thinking heart attack.
Bookmark and Share
Crissy212002

Offline Doxie Lover

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Hanging In
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 08:31:58 PM »
I know...we all know...how you feel.  When I first started experience panic attacks, I thought I was dying.  I went to the doctor...in fact he must have thought I had hypochondria because I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me.  It took several doctors before I figured out that what I had was anxiety/panic.

One step at a time though...if you try to quit everything at once, you might become overwhelmed.   :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline bubbles18

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 08:53:41 PM »
Hi Crissy,

You are not alone.....I was drinking lots of coffee a day and when my anxiety/panic disorder started flaring up a couple of weeks ago I stopped drinking coffee.  I turned to camomile decaf hot tea.  It makes me feel so much more relaxed.  Guess caffeine isnt really good for people whom suffer from anxiety/panic.  I also get hot/cold flashes, tinling, numbness, I feel like something is crawling underneath my skin, clammy hands and feet, I feel different parts of my body as though they are on fire and feel hot in those spots its the weirdest feeling.  But, thats just some of the symptoms I have heard similar to yours there are too many others to mention.  Hang in there and I would definitely try and cut back on the caffeine for now until you get this under control.   :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline crissy212002

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 11:27:23 PM »
Thank you so much for the reply. I am deffently cutting back on the caffiene. I never knew so  many people suffered from anxiety. I wish you best though and God bless.
Bookmark and Share
Crissy212002

Offline snowmanrn

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 11:46:42 PM »
Stop drinking caffeine! No coffee, soda, etc. Also drink cold ice water when you get that hot anxiety chest pain. Hold the glass against your sternum when you are drinking it and it can help to decrease the pain. Try it!

Snowmanrn
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sweetpea8

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 03:14:18 AM »
I have cut out all caffeine too. I drink decaf coffee, you get used to it.

[/quote]
Stop drinking caffeine! No coffee, soda, etc. Also drink cold ice water when you get that hot anxiety chest pain. Hold the glass against your sternum when you are drinking it and it can help to decrease the pain. Try it!

Snowmanrn

Thanks for the advice on this, I will try this too!
Bookmark and Share

Offline crissy212002

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 01:11:27 PM »
Thanks!! I will deffently try that.
Bookmark and Share
Crissy212002

Offline Shaun2

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 09:22:48 AM »
Hi Crissy,

I can confirm that I've experienced all the symptoms you speak of. It's called Generalised Anxiety. My Doctor diagnosed me straight away. One theory is that it is caused by a chemical shortage of Serotonin supply to the brain. Serotonin is thought to be a contributor to feelings of well being and happiness. I have been prescribed an SSRI (Selective Serotonin Re uptake Inhibitor) which gradually restores the supply of Serotonin until it is fully replenished. It takes a few weeks to kick in but I am in no doubt that it has worked for me. I have also seen a Therapist who has has not only helped me understand the disorder but also helped me to change/adjust my thought patterns so I can challenge my anxiety through more positive thinking and actions. I can confirm that Chamomile tea is great. I have it every night about an hour before I go to sleep.

I wish you all the best.
Shaun
Bookmark and Share

Tags: