Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Having a rough night  (Read 207 times)

Offline vyst

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Having a rough night
« on: January 10, 2014, 09:38:32 PM »
Why is it that I'm always the most anxious when the doctors offices and urgent cares close? I've been having a great week but all of a sudden tonight I feel a huge sense of dread over the possibility a heart attack. I feel pressure under the bottom of my ribcage and occasionally it's hard to swallow. I did my blood pressure and it was 130/79 so I guess that's ok? It comes and goes but I guess I just wanted to bitch about it because I'm a bit scared and it sucks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Angelofworry

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Having a rough night
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 09:43:28 PM »
Your blood pressure is great!! The symptoms you are describing sound like anxiety. Try and do something that relaxes you and try not to focus on your chest or swallowing. Remember any symptom that goes away when your busy and not thinking about it is probably anxiety related. Hope this helps!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lovemydogs

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 11:37:38 PM »
Omg I thought I was the only one who gets upset when my doctor closes. I even have the hours they are open memorized. So to that thank you. (You and I are not alone) I am petrified of the thought of going to a hospital. So dumb. I guess I think they are  gonna think I'm a nut. (Which I am lol) it will pass just try to relax, and remember there is help out there if we need it. Places are open 24 hrs.  Hope you feel better soon.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
😳

Offline Nikki88

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 12:00:08 AM »
Add me to the list. I'm laying here in bed freaking out and can't sleep this happens way to often. I dread night time!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dje

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 01:26:24 AM »
I've been experiencing stomach pains recently and the last two nights were the worst. Lying in bed thinking about the pain, stressing over what it could be was horrible. I barely slept the last two days. Then today, being around people, interacting, I felt a little better. Stress and anxiety can do a number on you. I'm still anxious about what will happen tonight when I go to bed, but I'm trying to keep my mind off the bad thoughts.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 08:17:48 AM »
Don't fret about the doctor's office being closed because if anything life threatening were truly wrong with you, he would send you to the hospital anyway which is open 24/7/365
Bookmark and Share

Tags: