Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Derealization/Panic attacks  (Read 742 times)

Offline RCB127

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Derealization/Panic attacks
« on: January 10, 2014, 03:46:59 PM »
I've been having horrible panic attacks for the past couple of weeks. I go through good and bad spells. I just can't shake this feeling of being in almost a dream like state. Like wondering do I actually exist it is such a disturbing feeling. It comes and goes but it's just so weird. Does anyone else get this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Derealization/Panic attacks
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 05:53:29 PM »
Its one of the more common symptoms, yeah. It gets easier over time. It's best to continue on with what you were doing when it happened, to simply ignore it as a temporary oddity. The more you dwell on it, the worse it gets.
Bookmark and Share

Offline alesha

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 06:59:40 PM »
I feel the same way! Like everyone around me is going on about everything fine and I am just at a stand still. Very overwhelming.  I worried because its not only when I have a panic attack. Its almost everyday.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sleepingbear

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 04:04:07 PM »
I'm totally on board with this, too.  I try to distract with anything possible to get my mind off the feeling.  Even mindless distraction seems to help.  And knowing that this is very normal with anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline RCB127

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 06:55:41 PM »
Distraction is very helpful but some days it's just like am I going insane am I even existing right now? It's so strange but once I'm very distracted and busy doing stuff it goes away. It is definitely one of the more frightening symptoms of anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline pauluk46

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 02:25:57 PM »
I suffer this too. The unreal feeling. Sometimes it feels like your just looking in. Even just writing this is causing me anxious thoughts
Bookmark and Share

Offline Belinda

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 06:16:05 AM »
I have this a lot too, and often without any other panic attack symptoms. As others have already said, it's quite common and there's nothing dangerous about it. I also sometimes have memory loss while dissociating, I can suddenly realize I have no clue what's happened during the last 15 minutes. But that's also quite normal, especially in people with some sort of trauma background.
Bookmark and Share

Offline HRB39

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 04:24:09 AM »
Night time is the worst for me, when your mind is no longer occupied from the daily routine and you actually have time for the negative thoughts to make it into your mind. I have difficulty sleeping, especially in hotels when I am alone as this was when I had my first major panic attack
Bookmark and Share

Offline mom2ka

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 02:35:32 PM »
This is a huge symptom for me as well, I feel like I am removed but others are carrying on around me. I also find my vision becomes affected and I almost can't see clearly and have difficulty getting my legs to walk right if I am really bad. I have to really focus on the room around me, breathing properly and repeating in my head, that I am ok and it has happened before and I was okay and nothing terrible is going to happen. It's not easy that's for sure!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: