Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: MRI Brain results are back  (Read 271 times)

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
MRI Brain results are back
« on: January 10, 2014, 01:07:29 PM »
So I've been posting loads recently 're headaches and I had an MRI on Tuesday. Luckily I work at the hospital so I asked my consultant to look at my results. He emailed me saying ' There seems to be a high signal change in the left part of your frontal sinus which they suggest might be causing your symptoms and they advise for an ent referral' he said it's like sinus like inflammatory changes and  I will need antibiotics and steroid spray maybe. Has anyone  else heard of or had this? The beasty in me is scared it's something worse like a tumour but I guess they would say that? Also, it  the top of my head that has been hurting not my face?!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walking Circles

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: MRI Brain results are back
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 01:39:43 PM »
It sounds to me like they are describing a sinus infection. I have them chronically due to an old injury to my nose and they cause me pain in my face, the top of my head, behind my ears, the back of my head and in my jaw. My brother gets sinus infections due to allergies and they cause him pain all over his head. If they are referring you to an net then the problem isn't your brain which is good news. I highly doubt it is a tumor,  could be a run of the mill infection or an impacted sinus, neither of which are a big deal both treated with sprays and antibiotics. Worst thing about it that the sprays taste bad when they run down your throat.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 01:48:31 PM »
It seems though that you had a really good MRI congrats! This encourages me because I looked at some of your old threads and a lot of it seems similar to my issues and my doctor just gave me that nasal spray, and it has helped a bit it seems like, my pain was on top of my head also with occasional pressure on the front of my face.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 03:04:49 PM »
I'm feeling very reassured and assume as the ent referral has been made its not urgent or tumour related. Might explain my blocked left ear that I can hear myself breathe through! What worries me is that I worried so much about this, I hope my HA doesn't turn on another part of my body now!

Yes crazyquacker I have posted quite a bit but hope it reassures you!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: