Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Breast lumps and pain during pregnancy.  (Read 164 times)

Offline Angelofworry

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Breast lumps and pain during pregnancy.
« on: January 10, 2014, 05:17:01 AM »
I have naturally lumpy breasts but more recently I found an oblong, PAINFUL, lump in my left breast. It measures about 1.5 x 1cm. I had gone to the doctor for it, and he put me on antibiotics, and said we would recheck in two weeks. Well now I just found out I'm pregnant. Now I'm freaking out even more! I read that 13 in 100,000 women will develop breast cancer during pregnancy! I will be calling my doc in the morning, but right now I'm really freaking out!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Breast lumps and pain during pregnancy.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 09:31:04 AM »
I don't know where you read that but ignore it! In pregnancy your hormones effect your whole body you could be more prone to getting lumps and bumps in pregnancy purely due to hormones. Now you would still need to go to doc if u spot a lump just to be safe but 99% of the time it's just a harmless bump. See what happens in 2 weeks but try not to panic pregnancy hormones have a lot to answer for and congratulations :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Angelofworry

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 11:18:06 AM »
Thank you for your reply. I know that breast cancer would be rare, and I am young for it, as I am only 30. I just can't get it out of my head! A coworker of mine just got diagnosed and I am now self checking several times a day. I just can't stop! I'm so scared right now!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 11:24:28 AM »
Sometimes when you hear someone close to you get diagnosed it can really effect you when my partners dad got diagnosed with prostate cancer I felt unbelievablely sad and I was convinced I would get something! I'm only 21 so the chance of having anything serious is very slim. Try not to worry or self check as often they recommend every 2 weeks but age is in your favour... Your hormones sends your emotions high too I'm currently 17 weeks and worry over the slightest niggle lol. You will have bloods done soon and they do a full blood count so if anything abnormal came up they would investigate but I'm pretty sure you will be ok.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Angelofworry

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 03:09:05 PM »
Thank you again for your kind replies. I will be sure to still have the Lumps and pain checked at my obgyn appointment. I will try and stop poking and prodding constantly I and try to realize, along with my other self diagnosed ailments, this is probably nothing too. Hormones are just making me more neurotic than usual :-)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: