Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP ME!! GOING INSANE, NEVER FELT THIS SYMPTOM SO BAD BEFORE :(  (Read 785 times)

Offline jennclark

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have had a lot of on and off head pains daily for about 10 years. since april i've had bad anxiety. I sometimes become dizzy, i having ringing in my ears, different sensations all over my body.

I'm soooo nervous right now because i am feeling this weird sensation all over. I've experienced it a couple times, but not for this long, or all over my body.

Earlier this evening I was on the computer when I suddenly jolted upwards because it felt like my feet weren't attached to my body. they didn't feel tingly or numb, just like they weren't there. it gets better when i move them around and touch them. after about an hour (still anxious about it) i decided to lie down in bed. I still felt the sensation a little and all of a sudden i felt it in my arms, stomach, face, legs, hands, and feet. And now I'm freaking out because I can't lie without moving around. if i just lie without movement i get the same sensation as if nothing is connected to my body. Once i start moving it's fine. But it's literally ALL over. Starts at my feet. Is this derealization???

I'm scared. I'm shaking in fear :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline jennclark

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: PLEASE HELP ME!! GOING INSANE, NEVER FELT THIS SYMPTOM SO BAD BEFORE :(
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 01:41:02 AM »
Anyone??
Bookmark and Share

Offline ebleninc

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 03:13:34 AM »
I know it don't help to hear this but you perfectly healthy!!! Anxiety produces so many different symptoms.  The more we focus on our physical symptoms and or sensations the more we freak out . Believe me our body's want to live we just don't drop dead at random and these events we have are simply harmless.  I'm going through the same thing right now and my brain Tells me all sorts of horrible things . Facts is its horrible I know God is in control and want the best for us . The more I go to the doctor the worse it gets . Yes I believe it is de realization. A catastrophic event would have already happened if it was going to and it's not . Anxiety can be a marathon to I figured that out . Stay very hydrated and belly breath re frame your thinking . Evidence is .... and reality is.... be like a lawyer for your thoughts dispute them with facts not feelings . I have heard it said that if your want to free yourself from this prison of anxiety and what if thinking you must " free your mind and your body will follow" I will pray for you promise I'm in the same boat as you are . We can make it
Bookmark and Share

Offline alphamuomega

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 07:03:31 AM »
you just had a classic panic attack, i had symptoms like that and even more and i went an er and i seen seven or 8 doctors and a mental clinic then another medical clinic.

all i had was anxiety and these were my symptoms.

started with shortness of breathe and headaches

then tremors and cold flashes white flashing lights and numbness and loss the will to eat, also muscle aches and feeling fatigue neck stiff shoulder stiff throat stiff ringing in the ears ear was beating like a heart closing and opening ear pain.

stomach pains head and leg and arm ticks, feel like i cant swallow or too much saliva and foamy saliva

my left eye twitched and it felt like i was going insane and everything was over i was going to die.

chest pain knee weakness all kinds of things, i thought i had a tumor or rabies and other things.

but all i had was anxiety and these symptoms lasted for a few days

but they came and gone and i slowly felt better as i got control my anxiety.

so i can assure you HA causes all kinds of symptoms and you showed classic signs of them.

don't worry your okay.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jennclark

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 03:02:51 PM »
I know it don't help to hear this but you perfectly healthy!!! Anxiety produces so many different symptoms.  The more we focus on our physical symptoms and or sensations the more we freak out . Believe me our body's want to live we just don't drop dead at random and these events we have are simply harmless.  I'm going through the same thing right now and my brain Tells me all sorts of horrible things . Facts is its horrible I know God is in control and want the best for us . The more I go to the doctor the worse it gets . Yes I believe it is de realization. A catastrophic event would have already happened if it was going to and it's not . Anxiety can be a marathon to I figured that out . Stay very hydrated and belly breath re frame your thinking . Evidence is .... and reality is.... be like a lawyer for your thoughts dispute them with facts not feelings . I have heard it said that if your want to free yourself from this prison of anxiety and what if thinking you must " free your mind and your body will follow" I will pray for you promise I'm in the same boat as you are . We can make it

Hello thank you so much for the reply!! Really helped me feel better about this super weird symptom! And actually, I noticed that the more I thought about it the worse it would get, so just like you said. It must be anxiety, I'm feeling very thankful for that.
Derealization is so scary, I've experienced it before but not this severe, luckily it has been better the last two days, I've been keeping busy and haven't had much time to think about it. Even if I do, I notice it's easier for me to deal with the symptom now that I experienced it so severe.
Thank you so much or your kind words!! I wish you all the best. I also hope your anxiety gets better, I will be praying for you!! xx
Bookmark and Share

Offline jennclark

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 03:11:28 PM »
you just had a classic panic attack, i had symptoms like that and even more and i went an er and i seen seven or 8 doctors and a mental clinic then another medical clinic.

all i had was anxiety and these were my symptoms.

started with shortness of breathe and headaches

then tremors and cold flashes white flashing lights and numbness and loss the will to eat, also muscle aches and feeling fatigue neck stiff shoulder stiff throat stiff ringing in the ears ear was beating like a heart closing and opening ear pain.

stomach pains head and leg and arm ticks, feel like i cant swallow or too much saliva and foamy saliva

my left eye twitched and it felt like i was going insane and everything was over i was going to die.

chest pain knee weakness all kinds of things, i thought i had a tumor or rabies and other things.

but all i had was anxiety and these symptoms lasted for a few days

but they came and gone and i slowly felt better as i got control my anxiety.

so i can assure you HA causes all kinds of symptoms and you showed classic signs of them.

don't worry your okay.

Very scary anxiety symptom!! :(
It's crazy to think anxiety could cause all those symptoms, guess we just need to learn not to feed into it as it makes it worse.

take care and thanks for the reply! x
Bookmark and Share

Offline sparkle

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 06:24:15 PM »
Hello jennclark!

A couple years ago, I had these same issues you are describing... it really freaked me out to the point I was afraid to go inside a store alone, in fear I would suddenly just faint! And my legs were shaky and my heart was racing... my ears hurt as well. And sometimes, I just felt the world spinning. What's funny is that to this day, I refuse to believe it was anxiety! haha! I had nothing to feel anxiety about! I went to my doctor about it and I think I had some sinus issues at the time as well, so he blamed it on that... he also told me for my dizziness, to take that medicine for motion sickness. Eventually, it just went away, thankfully! I can't even remember if the medicine helped me or not.
Bookmark and Share

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 07:32:29 PM »
chiming in with more reassurance that i've felt this same sensation as well! brain tumors are my biggest fear at the moment so i know entirely where you're coming from. i think what you're experiencing is very much a part of derealization, i get it all the time and it's like a slow trickle that covers my whole body until i feel completely disconnected from myself and from the world around me. very scary feeling, but completely harmless; it's your mind's way of saying "i've had enough of this worrying!" and it takes a break, but this causes us to feel "not there". but try not to panic over this sensation, it's a natural part of anxiety and it goes away when you give yourself time to relax. good luck. <3
Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 03:53:22 AM »
Hello,

My fear is also a brain tumour or something deadly going wrong in my brain and although I haven't had this same one as yourself, I have had many other weird head feelings inclduing one yesterday morning in bed, when I was in between dozing back off to sleep and my whole head just went really fuzzy or buzzy, can't explain it, but I could feel it and almost hear it, very very strange, I felt really panicky. Just hope its nothing too worry about or a symptom of brain problems. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline selfdiagnose

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 04:50:25 AM »
I'm going  through a brain tumor freakout myself. I think I am suffering from palinopsia which is supposedly a red flag for a brain tumor. I guess you can say my mind has gone into red alert (yellow alert if I have enough xanax). Going to a neurologist on Monday. I just hope that I don't have to wait weeks for an MRI. Jennclark, corwin, perc19; you have my utmost sympathies. We all seem to be sharing the same hell, but by confiding in each other, hopefully we can get through this. You are not alone on this frightening journey.
Bookmark and Share
"It's called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -George Carlin

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 01:39:49 PM »
Thank you, it does make me feel better knowing I'm not alone. Does anyone else have or know if the buzzy fuzzy weird feeling I had in my head in between sleep is anything to worry about??

Woke up this morning with the inner corner of my left eye bloodshot - of course that set me off, thinking it was increased pressure in brain!!

Can't cope :( :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline LillyVDR

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 09:02:25 AM »
Thank you, it does make me feel better knowing I'm not alone. Does anyone else have or know if the buzzy fuzzy weird feeling I had in my head in between sleep is anything to worry about??

Woke up this morning with the inner corner of my left eye bloodshot - of course that set me off, thinking it was increased pressure in brain!!

Can't cope :( :(

I wouldn't worry. Increased intracranial pressure can cause to what is called papilledema (engorgement of blood vessels) in BOTH eyes, which can easily be caught withing a few minuted by an ophtalmologist, the redness of the inner corner is not pappilledema! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline jennclark

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 11:02:12 PM »
Hello jennclark!

A couple years ago, I had these same issues you are describing... it really freaked me out to the point I was afraid to go inside a store alone, in fear I would suddenly just faint! And my legs were shaky and my heart was racing... my ears hurt as well. And sometimes, I just felt the world spinning. What's funny is that to this day, I refuse to believe it was anxiety! haha! I had nothing to feel anxiety about! I went to my doctor about it and I think I had some sinus issues at the time as well, so he blamed it on that... he also told me for my dizziness, to take that medicine for motion sickness. Eventually, it just went away, thankfully! I can't even remember if the medicine helped me or not.

Hello, thank you for the reply!
Glad to hear your symptoms got sorted out. I always seem to feel symptoms anxious or not, that's just how it is haha. Also happy to hear I'm not the only one who has felt this!
Bookmark and Share

Offline jennclark

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 11:04:56 PM »
chiming in with more reassurance that i've felt this same sensation as well! brain tumors are my biggest fear at the moment so i know entirely where you're coming from. i think what you're experiencing is very much a part of derealization, i get it all the time and it's like a slow trickle that covers my whole body until i feel completely disconnected from myself and from the world around me. very scary feeling, but completely harmless; it's your mind's way of saying "i've had enough of this worrying!" and it takes a break, but this causes us to feel "not there". but try not to panic over this sensation, it's a natural part of anxiety and it goes away when you give yourself time to relax. good luck. <3

Hello Corwin, thank you for your response.
Reading this makes me feel so much better!! Happy I'm not alone. Thanks again for explaining how it works, it actually makes a lot of sense now. :) good luck to you too! <3 x
Bookmark and Share

Offline jennclark

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 11:07:28 PM »
Hello,

My fear is also a brain tumour or something deadly going wrong in my brain and although I haven't had this same one as yourself, I have had many other weird head feelings inclduing one yesterday morning in bed, when I was in between dozing back off to sleep and my whole head just went really fuzzy or buzzy, can't explain it, but I could feel it and almost hear it, very very strange, I felt really panicky. Just hope its nothing too worry about or a symptom of brain problems.

Hello Perc, other then that do you have any other symptoms? I've had mine for many years but only since April has it been really acting up and making me anxious. Luckily, the depersonalization feeling went away and only comes when I think about it
take care
Bookmark and Share