Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Does anyone ever get them while driving?  (Read 302 times)

Offline dano

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Does anyone ever get them while driving?
« on: January 09, 2014, 06:06:39 PM »
Driving tends to be part of our implicit memory, where we don't have to consciously think about what we are doing normally but sometimes when I'm driving, I'll have to think about every movement I make.  My feet will suddenly feel heavy and I don't feel like I have control over them.  I go into a fog that I don't feel is safe for driving and I'll end up passing where I'm supposed to be because I don't feel safe enough to change lanes.  I get this weird, tingling in my veins and I don't understand why.  It makes me fear driving and driving is a big part of being able to go out and experience new things.  I feel like there's always something in my way, and it's me, I'm stopping myself from growing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crystalclear81

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does anyone ever get them while driving?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 03:03:40 AM »
hey yes I get panic when I drive but they say your more in control when your in panic mode because all your senses are magnifide
Bookmark and Share
we have to be there for eachother ;)

Offline i960

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does anyone ever get them while driving?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 11:20:02 PM »
That feeling of the foot being disconnected from the gas pedal and like you're lacking strength over controlling it right? That you must make no change and try to hold steady?

This is anxiety and panic. I know this intimately because this was the first place I had a panic attack, while driving, and the symptoms were extremely similar. In my case though, I was intent on making it to my destination - all the while fighting that feeling something bad will happen, I'll pass out etc. (which of course never happened).
Bookmark and Share

Tags: