Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Doctor Visit Update  (Read 218 times)

Offline n50plic

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Doctor Visit Update
« on: January 09, 2014, 04:41:20 PM »
I went to the GI today for my upper right abdomen pain and burning in my chest. The pain was so bad while I was sitting there that I literally told her that it felt like something was going to explode inside of me. She didn't seem at all phased when I said that which I thought was odd. (maybe she could tell by looking at me that I was a nut) Anyway, all she did was send me for blood work, scheduled an ultrasound on my mid section, and prescribed me 40mg a day of omoprozolene. (I think I spelled it right) My biggest concern is that she really didn't give me any peace of mind. I left there feeling worse that before I went. My stomach probs have subsided slightly, and I stress SLIGHTLY, since I finally ate something after about 4 days of just water. Problem is, she mentioned that they would look for h plori bacteria when they scope me, (oh yea they are going to do that as well) and of course I looked that up like an idiot and saw that at the very end of complications, stomach cancer was one of them. So now I'm worried about that. What a tough time it is for me right now. I have all these symptoms and have to try like heck not to think about them. Any thoughts out there on my situation? thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Doctor Visit Update
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 05:06:04 PM »
You could find a new doctor. My GI doc knew I had bad anxiety and he was very polite and calmed my fears a lot.
Bookmark and Share

Offline n50plic

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 05:07:50 PM »
This is true. I guess I should ask around.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 05:16:48 PM »
Could you have been acting totally like a hypochondriac, yes. So maybe she didn't do what you wanted her to do. But, if you left there feeling worse than when you went in, she didn't do her job. I also don't like doctors prescribing stuff without a thorough investigation first.
Bookmark and Share

Offline n50plic

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 05:22:06 PM »
Neither do I. I think she prescribed that stuff however because I told her I had been taking it over the counter for a few years due to a gerd diagnosis.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: