Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling achy all the time?  (Read 223 times)

Offline confunded

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feeling achy all the time?
« on: January 09, 2014, 04:27:59 PM »
Hi all,
So my most recent scare/worry is that I have a blood clot. IT all started with me taking a new birth control, having chest pains and going to the ER. All my tests, leg ultrasound, chest xray came back clean. The only thing that was not cleared was my bloodwork- I have a d diamer of 297 and the cut off is 230. He said while that doesn't necessarily mean I DO have a blood clot (as it can be high due to something else happening within the body)it also doesn't rule one out.

Since then I have quit my birth control, been taking aspirin daily and consulted with my primary physician who didn't feel further testing was needed (he checked the leg that was bugging me, and listened to my chest and breathing. He have me the all clear).

So I am struggling to trust my body, and the doctors who I have been treated by. I want to stop worryig abut this, but everyday I either have some sort of leg pain or chest pain. How can I chalk it all up to anxiety? I don't feel more anxious than usual, it's the symptoms that make me worry!

I'm just so tired. It's really taking away from my quality of life. I'm trying to compartmentalize my symptoms and worries, but it's a tough thing to master. :( and I'm scared that while my tests were clear then, that now my body is ganging up on me and no one would believe me now if in fact something bad is happening.
Plus you always read stories where people go in for symptoms, the doctor dismisses them and then it turns out to be really something. I'm just struggling with the lack of control I have over the situation. And I want to feel well again :(

Thanks for listening. Even some stories of how you feel the same, or the physical symptoms that have been bothering you and how you handle them would be wonderful!
Bookmark and Share

Offline park682

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling achy all the time?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 09:16:40 PM »
I don't know if this is going to be helpful but I want you to know that I completely understand what you are going through. Since November I have been having chest pains and consent leg pain in both legs. I went to the ER the first time in December because of the chest pains. They did complete blood work and a chest xray. Both the d dimer and xray were clear. About a week and half later, I went back to the Er because my legs were still hurting. Again my d dimer was normal and he said there is no chance I have a blood clot.

However, I keep reading about people who who had no symptoms or told that they were fine but they had a clot. I am tired of being scared and I want to believe my doctors who tell me I'm fine and all the pain I have is my anxiety....does this make sense?

I just wanted to tell you this to let you know that you are not alone...I hope this helped

Bookmark and Share

Offline confunded

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 10:37:05 PM »
Thank you park- this does help. It's nice to know I am not alone with this fear!

Don't you feel like after being told you are fine, that the pains should go away?  I'm sad to hear you are going through this too. I wish my d diamer had been normal! Sadly I am still on alert and my doctors don't seem to think it's a big deal.

Do you exercise much? I haven't been so I think that has contributed to my anxiety. What does your doctor tell you about your blood clot fears?
Bookmark and Share

Offline FreakOutQueen

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 11:49:45 PM »
Hi!!!

I can absolutely relate! In college I was taking birth control and suffered a complex migraine. The neurologist in the ER thought it might be a stroke so he did blood work and gave me an MRI. My blood work also showed a high clotting level. Once I stopped taking birth control it went down. I'm sure yours will too! If all your tests are cleared I don't think you have a clot. Just stop taking the pills and you should be okay!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline confunded

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 01:56:14 PM »
Thanks freak out queen! I stopped taking the pills so I am hoping my blood goes back to normal. I am hopin to get pregnant in a year, which concerns me about blood clots then but I will have to cross that bridge when I get there. :)

So glad I'm not alone and someone else has had a similar test result :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline RCB127

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 03:20:14 PM »
I went to the ER a few years ago for chest pains as well and I was also on birth control and they took blood work and then she came back and was like ok we are going to move you into a different room I'll explain in a bit. So of course I am like completely hysterical and assume I'm dying. She told me something came back in my blood that could possibly mean a blood clot so they did a CT scan and it was perfect. She said that whatever they test for in the blood can raise with something as little as a sneeze and definitely a panic attack can affect the levels. So don't read to much into the blood work if everything else came back perfect :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline park682

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 05:10:40 PM »
I agree with you confunded....I don't understand why the pain hasn't stopped if the d dimer and doctors tell me I'm fine. My therapist tells me that it's all my anxiety because I'm tense all the time my body is in fight or flight mode and all the adrenaline is going to my muscles. That's what is causing the pain....I just don't understand why I can't get my mind around that. I'm just constantly scared of this "nonexistent" blood clot....
Bookmark and Share

Tags: