Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Help - buzz skin - please respond. Panick. Need reassurance  (Read 199 times)

Offline lulululu

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Help - buzz skin - please respond. Panick. Need reassurance
« on: January 09, 2014, 04:19:44 PM »
I'm in a downward spiral and I just need to ask you guys about a new symptom i've found - i have seen 4 neuros + 1 clean mri so I cant really do anything more now

I have a small area on my right ankle that sometimes buzzes slightly - but ive found out if I slap my foot or step down on it i can somehow provoke it a little bit?

Im so worried about MS and have been for a while down. What do you think??
i appreciate your answers.
Bookmark and Share

Offline michelle360

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help - buzz skin - please respond. Panick. Need reassurance
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 10:11:50 PM »
It doesn't sound like MS to me lulu. How long has this been going on? Specifically. A transient buzzing is not from MS. My MS symptoms last for months, months with no relief. They are worse or better some days but they don't just let up and move around and change hourly. I have been tracking my symptoms for months and can see a definate pattern to them. Also, say you do have MS. So what? Seriously. Have you lost your eyesight? Control of your bladder? Use of your legs? I am assuming the answer is no and that is pretty much the worst case scenario for MS these days, and you can even gain those functions back sometimes. Yeah, rarer cases are worse off, but if you did have a nasty progressive or malignant form you and your doctors would KNOW by now. You are obsessing about this and letting irrational fears take over your life, but this is why you are on a hypochondria board, right? I hope you can find a way through this fear. It's a perfect example of how we catastrophize everything.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lulululu

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 12:42:58 AM »
Well this buzz started i believe a few days ago. It lasts for a few seconds then stops for maybe minutes or even longer. The weird thing is that i can sort of make it happen like i wrote. I really panicked yesterday. Darn it. I so regret ever googling ms
Bookmark and Share

Offline Calamy

• The Golden Eyed Commander of Wishes
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • and Leon's getting larger!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 01:14:48 PM »
I get this in my left foot as well. It's like the nerve is all wonky and it's been happening for 6 months or so. On and off. Top of my left foot. I touch it lightly and feel that weird sizzle/buzz sensation like the nerve is really annoyed. I get strange buzzy and tingly sensations that come and go in it or act up when I move my foot.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear is such a vicious thing; it wraps me up in chains." - Tears for Fears, "The Working Hour"

Offline i960

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 03:55:06 PM »
When I initially had anxiety I would get an electric feeling in my left foot for hours at a time at night. Upon waking it would be gone. Since handling the deeper root anxiety issues I have not felt that feeling for quite a while.

Focusing on every minor symptom that appears as something to be worried about will only make it worse.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: