Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I'm losing my patience...because this has gone on for way too long  (Read 600 times)

Offline dannysmiles19

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I don't know how much longer I can keep my composure. My brain is just not at a point where the meds have helped enough...I feel awful...day in, day out.

I hate feeling this way. I've been on Viibryd for about 5 weeks and I am miserable... I don't know how much longer I can take this...
Bookmark and Share

Offline mommabear

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm losing my patience...because this has gone on for way too long
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 02:59:54 PM »
Hi Danny

Depression is a monster. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I can relate to how you feel, as I'm sure many others here can too. I've been where you are now many times over the years, certainly the last two years which were no picnic. I felt lower and more hopeless than I ever thought I could possibly feel, but, slowly I'm pulling myself back up, no doubt in my mind it is because of med's, which I accept I will probably be on for life which I'm ok with. I'm not sure which med's you have been on (myself, I have been on many) it takes time for them to work, which can be so frustrating, and in my case made me feel even more hopeless when they didn't work. I'm not the greatest with advice, especially with depression which is strange as I know it all to well! I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone, and despite how awful you feel at the moment there is always hope, don't ever give up on that. You can  find your way out of the darkness, and back into the light to a happy life that you deserve.Stay strong and keep fighting hard.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 12:54:26 PM »
So sorry....it's really though to get through I know
Bookmark and Share

Offline dannysmiles19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 12:05:21 AM »
Thank you Mommabear and AncientMelody; there's one significant point I want to touch on...

The environment continues to pull the trigger year after year...I truly believe that I have a seasonal specifier for depression...

I think that seasonal affective disorder has been with me for years of my young life...and the seasons continue to pull the trigger. It's like a smoking gun that triggers the response in me...the affect that I suffer from.

I seem to be resistant to light therapy, unless I haven't done it for long enough to see benefit. I am taking viibryd as I said in this post...and it treats the chemical imbalance that I supposedly have...

but year after year...since possibly preteen years or around puberty I have been affected by the environment...I think I have an environmental illness. I think I need year round counselling but I do think the biochemical aspect of my depression has a significant environmental component to it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 03:52:33 PM »
I believe it! The winters are hard.....so much darkness, cold. I can certainly see how this would really affect someone's depressive symptoms.  I understand the trigger side of things. I have a strong hormonal component to my depression/anxiety. My mind and emotions have been going haywire like clockwork each month, no matter the progress I've made in days previous.

How much time have you spent under the lamp for light therapy? and what "dosage" of light per say? I I hesitate to suggest tanning as tanning beds do have some risks, but it may be a calculated risk that you could discuss with your doctor. Something a little more high octane like that could be potentially beneficial even if the lamp isn't cutting it.

A couple other thoughts: IF it were an option, consider moving somewhere where the winters are milder. If not, perhaps trying to organize some outings or projects ahead of time before you get in really bad spirits, maybe arrange to attend a book club or knitting circle, recreational sports league, where you're not going to be home in the evenings, perhaps that can decrease the effect the winter has on you. Finally consider getting your vitamin D level checked. Not an issue with everyone with Seasonal Affective Disorder, but many people are Vitamin D deficient in northern climates and getting your level up may decrease some of the severity of how you feel.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dannysmiles19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 09:24:43 PM »
It's getting harder to deal with...

For the past couple of years I have been hospitalized at least once during the winter... but I haven't been at all because I've tried to really persevere. It's been getting harder instead of easier and I'm on medication...

I've been on viibryd in all for almost 7 weeks... I'm on 40 mg and have been for about 3 weeks or so... my question now is how much more time should I give this medication to see any kind of results?

it's been 7 weeks total since i started the sample pack.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Laura48310

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 12:36:49 PM »
My depression gets worse during the winter too!  :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: