Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What keeps you from completely losing it?  (Read 159 times)

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
What keeps you from completely losing it?
« on: January 09, 2014, 12:04:23 PM »
For me I'm afraid to lose my carry permit. I feel the need to have protection on me, and I do not want to give that up.

Otherwise, my fur-babies keep me going. Therapist asked why I have 9 cats and 3 dogs. I said because they give me a reason to get out of bed ever morning.

Do you have something that keeps the men with the white jackets away? Although, I must say, if I could get a room built with nice thick padded walls and ceiling and a trampoline floor.... I'd pay to play in there!
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Offline Teran

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What keeps you from completely losing it?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 02:08:57 PM »
For me the number one thing that keeps me from losing it would be my mother. I have always seen her as both someone who has been there for me and a friend.

I am not much of an animal person myself, but I can see how having something you have to do every day keeps you going. For me I have never had something that forces me out of bed in the mornings, but I manage to find it somewhere within to carry on for one more day. I try to also keep going just so that I will one say be able to say that I never caved to my anxiety and depression. It is a constant battle but very day is one more day that we can say we carried on.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lexie2006

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 02:16:07 PM »
The fear of losing it keeps me from losing it kind of but i remove myself from the situation to calm down. it works sometime.
Bookmark and Share

Offline {BIGGEN}

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 11:52:23 PM »
I have battled Anxiety off and on for 15yrs of my life and there have been times that I have felt like all hope was lost but with the help of meds(Effexor) I have managed to actually within the last year or so get ahold of my "panic" and I feel great most of the time. Just remember...no matter how bad you feel or if you think all hope is lost there is always someone else out there who is struggling to survive and they found away to push on. As Jimmy V said "Don't Give Up...Don't Ever Give up!!!!
Bookmark and Share
"FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST ANXIETY"

Tags: