Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: 4am and debating on going to the ER  (Read 206 times)

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
4am and debating on going to the ER
« on: January 09, 2014, 04:00:11 AM »
basically i've had a headache for three days straight, all over my head and across my face, lots of pain in my nose and between my eyes. i've been having bad allergies and sinus problems for months now so i chalked it up to those issues and tried not to panic. then tonight i get a headache on the very top of my head and across my forehead and between my eyes, an annoying dull aching. apparently that's a sign of your sphenoid sinuses being involved and if they're infected then it can spread to your brain and kill you? so i'm sitting here in bed freaking the hell out, about to wake my mom up and take me to the ER before i get a brain abscess and die. i absolutely hate this, usually my worries are so irrational but this one sounds pretty realistic given my symptoms and history of sinus problems and that only makes me all the more panicky.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: 4am and debating on going to the ER
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 06:38:47 AM »
Fours days and you are still alive. I think I would wait till tomorrow and visit my local chemist. Have a word with the head chemist. They know more than you may think. The chemist may suggest a doctor. If he / she thinks it sounds bad enough. The fact you can come on the computer and make a post about it, as your first action, sort of tells me you can survive a while longer. If it was really bad I wouldn't think of turning on the computer at all. I would be off to get help. So it seems even you may have some doubts. Check in with your local chemist first. It costs nothing to visit a chemist. See what they say. Then take it from there.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue