Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I had my biopsy today, and now I have to get through the rest of this week  (Read 768 times)

Offline Storyweaver

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So after months and months of avoidance, I finally got my ultrasound. I'm going to be straight up with you guys and tell you it was not a pleasant experience. The pathologist said to me that one of my lymph nodes was MUCH larger than it should be at 2 and a half inches, and she was concerned. I'm glad my boyfriend was there to hold my hand, because she took a large needle after using Novocain on my neck (which is still core) to extract tissue, twice. This was very painful. She said its possible that my tonsils are just housing bacteria and may just need removal... A big issue on its own. That perhaps my lymph nodes are swelling as a reaction to that... But I am not going to know if I have cancer or not, until a follow up appointment in one week.

I am honestly completely convinced I have lymphoma, its something that I just know. The only reassurance I got was the whole bacteria thing (ew), and that these lymph nodes have been here so long without changing in size. At least one of them.

How will I get through this week? All I know to do is to distract myself as much as possible. Maybe meditation and yoga. Any words of advice?
Bookmark and Share

Offline skywizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Perhaps if you could add a little more context to your situation, have you had any recent infections which might have caused your lymph nodes to swell, you mention tonsils, are they chronically infected ? As well i presume the lymph nodes you are talking about are in the upper neck area which is a good thing, namely these nodes react to infections situated in nasopharynx, oropharynx and laryngophanrynx along with any possible gum, teeth, etc. infections.
Anyhow, what helps me get my mind off things is work, in general keeping busy, and i know its easier sadi than done but i'd try to constantly do something until the follow up. All the best :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lovemydogs

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I've also had a biopsy before on my neck, and i totally agree they are not fun. Sorry you had to go through that. I'm not sure if this will help you, but I always tell myself "no news, is good news" i think if it was that bad they would have contacted you. They read them quickly. They called me back pretty fast. Hope you feel better and everything goes well. Try to think posltive.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
😳

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
2 1/2 inches or 2 1/2 cm? Hope the results comeback fine! Keep everyone posted!
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline Storyweaver

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thank you guys for your kind responses. Sometimes I don't know what I'd do without this forum, haha. It can be a really great support that alot of us can't get in our day to day lives.

skywizzard: I do have gum problems, and I've had enlarged tonsils for a long, LONG time. Yes, my lymph nodes are swollen right under my chin, in the upper neck. Keeping busy is a good idea. That's what I should do. I have FAR too much time on my hands and this is not a good thing. :( I will try to bring more into my life to keep me busy this week. Thank you.

Lovemydogs: yes, they said they should read the thing by tomorrow or Monday, but I can't see the doctor until Thursday. I don't know how I'll have the courage to go in there and see what they have to say. >_<

CrazyQuacker: I am not totally sure. 2 and a half cm, I believe?
Bookmark and Share

Offline skywizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
On the up side 2 1/2 cm is not nearly as dramatic as 2 1/2 inches seeing as 2 1/2 inches equals 6.5 cm's which is rather large, and i am certain that if you had such a large lymph node no doctor would have ignored it and by know you would had an excisional biopsy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lovemydogs

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Awww i know Thursday seems so far. I wll be thinking of ya. Try to be proud of yourself in the meantime, it took a lot of courage to go in there and do that. It's going to be okay.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
😳

Offline tymommy

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Nope nope nope. U don't have c. I know it!! I don't know how i know but i do. I betcha have a collection of old infectious junk in theretho. SSomething that prob should b taken out. But na,not cancer . I just know it. I feel for ya tho,omg biopsies are the worst!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline tymommy

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Xoxoxo im here if u need me! ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline jenkyleg

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Any updates in this? I'm gunning for you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline LillyVDR

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I had my biopsy today, and now I have to get through the rest of this week
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 08:14:28 AM »
I can definitely relate with you.

I had a cold, four weeks ago. My tonsils got red, lymph nodes in my neck got a bit bigger, my throat got red and my nose ran. After one look in the mirror, I saw one of my tonsils bigger than the other. First tought I had: Leukemia/Lymphome, I had a panic attack and went to see the doctor immediately. She was not at all concerned and assured me that I did have a viral infection, the difference in my tonsil size is NOT concerning, and both tonsils are red, but relatively normal in size so are the lymph nodes in my neck.

To tell you a bit about myself, I am diagnosed with carcinophobie. And this is not the first scare that I have unfortunately. I have had many trips to the ER or doctor after finding something wrong with my body, only to be later dismissed. I have my first appointment with the psychiatry next week and I hope they will help. But in the mean time I cannot stop worrying. Despite reassurance from my doctor that there is no reason for concern, I still worry. And despite knowing thta I have a phobia and I am exagerating (maybe) that does not make me any less afraid of being sick.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I had my biopsy today, and now I have to get through the rest of this week
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 05:14:43 PM »
Any updates? I hope all is well
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself