Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: At the end of my rope with neuro pain. What would you do?  (Read 222 times)

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
At the end of my rope with neuro pain. What would you do?
« on: January 08, 2014, 05:19:19 PM »
As some of you know I have had a prickly painful feeling on my nerve endings of my legs for 3 years.  I've had it twice before, but both times it has gone away.  I've been tested extensively and no cause can be found (MRI's, the works).  I had a terrible flu and hurt my lower back the first time this occurred.  My doctor thinks it could be lower back related, but a neurologist I saw didn't think so, but he wasn't sure.  I'm in limbo and freaked out.  At one point my doctor thought it might be anxiety related, as I've had other anxiety related symptoms in the past. 

This is so upsetting and it interferes with my life.  I'm thinking of pushing to see a rheumatologist, as that is the one route I haven't gone.  My neurologist said that things like lupus etc. don't present themselves that way.  I don't have MS...  WTF.

What would you do in my situation?   Am I looking at this all wrong or what?

Some input would be very appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline michelle360

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: At the end of my rope with neuro pain. What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 10:31:58 PM »
Hi greend, so are these symptoms getting worse? There has to be some reason this is happening. Could it be your anxiety? Why don't you believe it could be anxiety related? Did they test you for other autoimmune diseases? How about the mimics like Lyme disease? Perhaps you can take some comfort in the fact it is being stable? Having had the symptoms for three years and a couple of bouts before that it doesn't sound like anything really serious is causing it to me!
Bookmark and Share

Offline EdnaLegume

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 06:35:05 AM »
Have you had your B12 levels checked? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 09:09:42 AM »
Thanks for the responses Michelle and Edna .  I've had my B12 checked and believe me I have thought of the auto immune diseases - that is pretty much all I do.  My neurologist said I don't have MS and that lupus doesn't present itself that way (I asked).  He also did an ANA test and it was normal, so my doctor didn't feel it was necessary to proceed with that line of testing.  But, I have to say I can't get it out of my head that it could still be an auto immune disease or some kind of virus....

My doctor thought it could be either anxiety related or my lower back as I have a herniated disc.  So frustrating.  I just want to feel good again.

Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 10:27:15 AM »
Anyone else?  I really wish I would never have to see my doctor again, but it looks like I might have to make another visit.  Yuck!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: