Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: chest pains frequently  (Read 183 times)

Offline RCB127

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
chest pains frequently
« on: January 08, 2014, 02:51:20 PM »
So for the past couple of weeks I have been obsessing about my heart. I've been having chest pains that come and go. My chest hurts to touch and I have a bunch of lumps that hurt to touch and the pain will radiate up my shoulder and collarbone. My doctor said that my muscles are actually popped out of place from such bad muscle spasms so that is what the lumps are. But also I will randomly get this intense chest ache that goes away in like 2 seconds I had an ekg like 2 weeks ago and it was perfect and I went to the doctor the other day. I keep trying to force myself to take deep breaths and am wondering if I am actually straining my chest muscles. I'm just worried there is something terribly wrong but I have no other symptoms like vomiting or sweating and the pain isn't constant it comes and goes. I'm just obsessed that there's something seriously wrong. The pain that concerns my the most is that random intense ache almost a squeezing but it goes away almost immediately. Has anyone else had this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lovemydogs

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: chest pains frequently
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 03:17:31 PM »
Omg I could have written this post myself. I have been dealing with this for so long. I just had an ekg in. november for the same reason. I know exactly what you are describing, and it scares the heck out of me. I hate it. If I didn't get those pains I wouldn't have such bad aniety. Mine is very sore to touch also. I went for a massage and it hurt bad, i think we are so worked up that muscles have a lot of tension.  I even get them when i 'm calm. Just stinks know that u r not alone on this one. Hope you feel better  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
😳

Offline Rhino0924

• Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Healthly Anxiety is the Ultimate Goal.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 03:52:39 PM »
Well RCB, I too have had and still have similar pains that come and go in my chest. Now mine is Anxiety related (at least now it is as I've accepted it) but during my "Trying" times it was a horrible heart issue always swimming around my head. Every single twitch was a lead into something serious. Truth be told, after 3 ER visits and a sleuth of tests (all coming back normal) i was put on Celexa and given some Ativan.

How it was explained to me was the Anxiety I felt caused my chest to tighten to the point where no matter how much i tried to relax the sensation would not go away. It would randomly spike with intense knife like pain, and then subside, but the tightness stayed. This would usually last all day long until the next morning. My heart is good, my health is good, my mental health is a work in progress.

You have to accept the results you have been given and try to ignore the symptoms and live for the day, each and every one. Life is too short to wonder when we will leave, so it's best to accept it will happen when it is our time and to enjoy what we are given. Accept that in some way your pain and anxiety has opened your eyes to other doors (religion, spending more time with family, doing what you love) instead of thinking your pain and anxiety is a curse. Mine is a double edged sword. Without my experiences i would have likely not quit smoking, still had a horrible diet, payed less attention to family and more to work, found my faith again, etc. etc. etc.

It is not easy, but you and everyone else can and will reach these goals if you want them. Baby steps my friend. Gotta learn to crawl before you can walk :)
Bookmark and Share
“Those who think they have no time for exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.”  ~Edward Stanley

“Today, more than 95% of all chronic disease is caused by food choice, toxic food ingredients, nutritional deficiencies and lack of physical exercise.”  ~Mike Adams

Offline RCB127

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 03:13:44 PM »
Thank you for the replies :) I know it's been a long road and I'm only 22! I've been dealing with this since I was 12 my family has the anxiety curse as I call it lol all the women seem to have it. I know I need to some how figure out that I am fine. Sometimes when I get those catastrophic thoughts I just keep feeding them and can't seem to ground myself. I hope I find something that works for me.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: