Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Fearful  (Read 176 times)

Offline Jess0617

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fearful
« on: January 08, 2014, 02:17:51 PM »
I'm terrified of having ovarian cancer or any type of cancer. I'm 19 and on Christmas I went to the ER with abdominal discomfort and I had blood work, a urine sample, and ultrasound done and they found I had an ovarian cyst on my left ovary that was 2cm that ruptured, and I still have one on my right ovary that is 1.4 cm. my
Blood work came back great and they want me to come back in 6-8 weeks for a follow up ultrasound. I have no family history of cancer. Since the ER I started noticing pain during my bowel movements and random shooting pains under my rib cage (they've gone away) and I went to the doctor and she poked me everywhere and said everything seemed okay. I also have losses a bit of my appetite and have lost weight which worries me, though I know it may be due to the anxiety I've had since I came back from the ER. I also missed my period in December which the ER said was probably from the cyst. At night I feel really bloated and gassy and crampy and I'm afraid something else is wrong with me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jess0617

Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fearful
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 02:20:38 PM »
Also, I've had an aching lower right back.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jess0617

Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 06:28:19 PM »
Anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jess0617

Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 06:31:33 PM »
Whoops I didn't meant to post the "anyone?"  :-P
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ohgodwhatnow

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 07:08:22 PM »
Jess,

I had a large ovarian tumor(non cancerous) when I was 27 so I understand to some extent.  It sounds like they have identified the problem and done a thorough examination and that you seem to be fine at least in that regard.  I know one major concern for when I had my tests was the blood work because when you have cancer it gets all out of whack, and luckily mine was good, as is yours.  It's scary to find out that something in your body is off, especially the first time, it can certainly make you more aware(even hyper aware) of your body and you find you notice things that you wouldn't have given a second thought to before.  From what you say, I think you are doing fine; just be sure to follow up with the doctor and mention any additional symptoms. 

Good Luck!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: