Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: chest muscle weekness?  (Read 116 times)

Offline eddy1608

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
chest muscle weekness?
« on: January 08, 2014, 12:16:56 PM »
hi, ive had chest aches and pains for around 18 months now and i get them everyday in that 18 months ive had 3 ecgs and bloodwork everytime ive been told iam fine but as you know health anxiety never makes it easy to beleave your fine. i was referred to physio and was told my posture is very bad i sit and walked hunched over all the time, is it possible for the muscles to weaken over time and cause these constant issues and does would it make my chest and sides just below my arm pit very tender to press? if anyone has had this or has any knowledge on the subject i would very much like to know
cheers guys
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rhino0924

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Healthly Anxiety is the Ultimate Goal.
    • Poke This Member
Re: chest muscle weekness?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 03:59:36 PM »
Yes, yes and yes. Posture can lead to muscle shortening. Basically having rounded forward shoulders shortens the chest muscles. And when you try to sit the proper way to alleviate the pain, it helps but not for long. Most likely your muscles are inflamed and/or sore from not only bad posture (desk job I'm assuming) but also from the anxiety keeping your chest muscles tense causing pain and burning sensations.

How to fix it? It's a slow process of relearning to sit correctly with shoulders rounded back in a relaxed manner. Sounds easier than it is. Get ergonomical and stop hunching over your desk. Do what you can to find relief however don't despair. Just keep at it. Also learn to stomach breath if you are not doing it already :)
Bookmark and Share
“Those who think they have no time for exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.”  ~Edward Stanley

“Today, more than 95% of all chronic disease is caused by food choice, toxic food ingredients, nutritional deficiencies and lack of physical exercise.”  ~Mike Adams

Tags: