Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: scared as ever (new member)  (Read 197 times)

Offline Mel2674

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
scared as ever (new member)
« on: January 07, 2014, 10:07:52 PM »
Hi, I'm 18 years old and have been reading on this forum for months. I finally decided to create an account because I'm convinced I have MS or something horrific that is going to end up with me in a wheelchair. I've always been afraid of serious diseases but MS... I can't even imagine. I have these feelings in my legs that keep me up at night and as you guys all know it's so scary I sometimes feel like I might truly pass out from how scared I am.  Then I say to myself "ok get yourself together and be prepared for when the doctor tells you you do have it" but I can't. I can't imagine how I would react. Probably with a heart attack. I just need some comfort from people that understand. My mom just thinks I'm crazy   :dazed:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mel2674

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: scared as ever (new member)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 04:24:04 AM »
Oh and to add on, I have not been sleeping and that just makes things worse because the no sleep gives me symptoms of its own. Help :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lovemydogs

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 07:12:25 AM »
Awwww honey I,m glad you came here.  As you can see there are many here that fear MS. (including myself)  First know that you are not going crazy, that anxiety is real. (a real pain in the bum) It can create some horrible feelings, and thoughts.  The more we feed the thought, the more powerful our symptoms become.  It's so easy for me to tell you this, but I do the same thing, worry all the time.  I just chose to worry about something else. I know your scared but if you went and got a good physical from the Doctor, and maybe some therapy I bet you would feel so much better.  I do have a friend that has MS and you should see her, she is in better shape them me.  Goes to work everyday, walks, shops, never worries, it doesn't even bother her.  I hope you feel better soon.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
😳

Offline Mel2674

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 01:17:09 AM »
Thanks so much for the uplifting words! My nights are worse than anything, anyone have Any tips on how to sleep with hypochondria?
Bookmark and Share

Offline alphamuomega

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 07:09:39 AM »
i totally understand what your going threw i suffer from severe HA, so when i attempt to go to sleep my body is so alert i notice a few seconds after i fall asleep and instantly wake up feeling as if i died and my heart stopped and i stopped breathing also have trouble relaxing due to shortness of breathe etc.

but you know what i calmed down and finally fell asleep, and i woke up the next morning and i was okay.

and so will you be, as all you have is anxiety so you have nothing to worry about, so just relax and go outside and play or just talk to a friend anything to take your mind off your anxiety.

now tips on sleeping with HA, lets see there are few here that work for me.

one get control of your self fix your shortness of breathe, buy a compressor and fill the nebulizer with salt water, it works like a hardcore saline spray, use that to release all the tension in your muscles and clear any congestion you may have, as i usually breathe from my mouth as i cant breathe from my nose due to it and that causes even more severe anxiety also with anxiety i cant breathe from my nose, which is where you should breathe from and i know its hard to do with anxiety, so this should help you with that, if you suffer from severe shortness of breathe.

next watch something funny or relaxing like a cooking show.

have a white noise by you when you sleep like a fan, you can put it by you and turn it on low so if you have trouble taking in air due to shortness of breathe which is one of the most common symptoms of anxiety and one of the worst, use that to help you feel as if you have air coming in, and it will cool you off also the white noise helps you focus on that instead of any thoughts that might worry you.

also buy a nightlight if you fear the dark or if it causes you any anxiety, also it can just help you relax either way.

if you are paranoid about being alone, buy a companion get a dog or a cat to have with you when your home alone, i suggest a cat, as they can cuddle with you on your bed while you sleep if you want buy two cats so one wont be lonely lol, i made the mistake of buying two bunnys one male and one female, within a year i had 15 rabbits xD.

another thing you can do is get a heater and combine it with the fan to keep you feeling like you can breathe and the white noise with the comfort of the heater.

you can even get a second pillow or a stuffed animal as it can help holding on to something and just cuddling with it to help you sleep.

these are a few things that will really help your anxiety and sleep even preparing you to sleep over an entire day.

i have more if you want to hear them feel free to ask.

i hope you have a wonderful night, take care.

as well as welcome to the az, i am sure you will find a lot of support here for what ever troubles you.

~alpha

:happy0151:

Bookmark and Share

Tags: