Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Why can't i just think logically?  (Read 314 times)

Offline Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Why can't i just think logically?
« on: January 07, 2014, 02:09:05 PM »
Yesterday I had a pain in my shoulder and left arm. Then throughout the night I had chest pain, arm pain, and elbow pain. I was okay this morning apart from feeling sick (I'm 6 weeks pregnant). The whole time I've been burping a lot, which has been the norm for me the past few months. Now the shoulder pain is back. Movement doesn't make any of my pains better or worse, ever. Why can't I conclude that these are gas pains?  That would be the logical conclusion. But instead I think it's my heart.

There are a few moments when I can convince myself that it's my stomach, but then I think of stupid stuff I've read on the internet about burping being a heart attack sign, and countless survivor stories that seem similar, if not identical, to mine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Why can't i just think logically?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 02:12:27 PM »
One big problem I see a lot is that people simply do not know what heart pain feels like. This is understandable, since most people don't go through much of it in their lives. I have a mitral valve prolapse though. Its harmless, but it can hurt. And I can tell you from experience that heart pain feels absolutely nothing like the things you describe.

In any event. Have you tried taking antacids? If its stomach problems, you should notice some meaningful relief within minutes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Air Nomad

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 02:19:45 PM »
I am sure it is just gas pains.  That's very common during pregnancy.  I burped SOOO much when I was pregnant with my son, LOL, even at like 6 weeks.  Please try not to worry - it's not good for you or the baby.  Try asking your Ob/Gyn or Midwife if you have one - I bet they'd say the same thing.
Bookmark and Share
Sokka: "Do you want me to be like you or be totally honest?"
Katara: "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
Sokka: "No, I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing really."
(This is me and my husband to a tee)

Offline Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 12:51:36 AM »
The constant burping started months before I got pregnant. I have no luck with antacids or anti gas medications.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: