Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Bilateral pelvic pain/twinges - cancer fear :( Please Help!!  (Read 374 times)

Offline Air Nomad

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bilateral pelvic pain/twinges - cancer fear :( Please Help!!
« on: January 07, 2014, 02:08:08 PM »
Ugh, another day another worry.  I feel like I am literally losing my mind :(  The other day I had a pimple inside my nostril that keeps showing up in the same spot periodically and I freaked out that I might have a staph infection there that might spread to my brain, and should go to the ER.  Yeah.  Imagine my husband's reaction to that one.  My lips are perpetually chapped and it bothers me so I googled "lips chapped all the time".  I found pictures that looked just like my lips only it was a precancerous condition leading to squamous cell carcinoma.  That was a fun spiral into anxiety oblivion.  Some heavy duty chapstick and a few days later and they're infinitely better.  Sigh.  Lord help me.

Today it's pelvic pain.

I've had on and off pelvic pain/discomfort for the past few months.  I went to my ob/gyn in September (3 months ago) who ordered a pelvic ultrasound.  All they found was a small fluid filled cyst on my left ovary and a tiny uterine fibroid.  That quelled my anxiety for a little while.  Then I had the same pain the month after, and then the month after that.  Since it's *usually* (not always) mid-cycle I assumed it was from cysts.  Well last month I had a fair amount of bleeding IN BETWEEN my cycles.  Not just spotting, but a sizeable amount of red blood for about a day and a half.  Had my normal period (lighter than normal though) 10 days later.

I am mid-cycle now and yesterday out of nowhere got this intense stabbing pain in my pelvic area, left side.  It buckled me over momentarily and then it was gone.  But throughout yesterday and today I've had milder pangs and twinges alternating between my left, middle, and right pelvic region with a few menstrual cramp type feelings thrown in.  The pain is intermittent and moves around my pelvic region, like I said.  So weird.  Of course now all I can think about is uterine or ovarian cancer.  I'm so worried but I did just have that pelvic ultrasound only 3 months ago - if there was anything there at all they would've found it then, right?  I mean, if they can see a tiny cyst, I imagine they could find even a tiny solid cancerous mass.  But that WAS three months ago.  Could something have formed since then that wouldn't have appeared in the ultrasound?

Then I start worrying, maybe it's not actually my reproductive tract, but bowels that are to blame.  Maybe I have colon cancer, or small intestinal cancer!  I do have soft stools regularly in the morning after coffee and eat an extremely healthy diet full of organic fruits and veggies and make raw juices regularly.  But I can't shake the fear that I might have a cancer that is causing these intermittent pelvic pains.

Someone please help me.  Does this sound serious to you?  Should I be concerned about cancer?  This anxiety is debilitating!  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share
Sokka: "Do you want me to be like you or be totally honest?"
Katara: "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
Sokka: "No, I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing really."
(This is me and my husband to a tee)

Offline Air Nomad

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bilateral pelvic pain/twinges - cancer fear :( Please Help!!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 03:13:05 PM »
For the record, I'm 30 years old and had a baby 13 months ago, if it's relevant to anyone.
Bookmark and Share
Sokka: "Do you want me to be like you or be totally honest?"
Katara: "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
Sokka: "No, I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing really."
(This is me and my husband to a tee)

Tags: