Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Almost Fainting...severe PMS or Heart Issues? PLEASE HELP  (Read 360 times)

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Strength is in the eye of the beholder.
    • Poke This Member
Almost Fainting...severe PMS or Heart Issues? PLEASE HELP
« on: January 07, 2014, 01:02:06 PM »
I am having bad PMS recently, the worst PMS I've ever had. Bad stomach cramping, nausea, and vertigo. What happened today, however, frightened me to death. I noticed that I suddenly got tired/fatigued right before I left the house to get something. Once I came back, I realized I hadn't eaten in all day and ate a really sugary honey bun, figuring the fatigue was from a drop in blood sugar. I went and put something down, and I forget what I was doing next but I got very lightheaded and almost fell down. This lasted two seconds before I went back to normal but still frightened me nonetheless. Than, derealization struck me and I didn't know if anything was real. It went away after a few seconds but I am in bed now. I've had chest pressure for a while but now I'm afraid it means something else. I've also had bad shortness of breath when I got tired, as in I felt like I wasn't getting enough air.

I'm 15 and had a clear EKG back in June, I've had my heart listened to in December and was told I was healthy. :'( I really need help. I've also had stomach pain right below my belly button and have been nauseous as well, and I'm still a bit tired even after eating sugary snacks. I'm trying to drink more water as well. This has never happened in PMS's past but my PMS for the past 7ish months have been just getting worse. HELP? I'm really scared of SCA or something.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Re: Almost Fainting...severe PMS or Heart Issues? PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 01:36:28 PM »
Help, anyone? Really nervous.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline Xocnagem

• Mood: Energetic
    Energetic
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 01:57:34 PM »
If you're having a heavy period, it can definelty cause dizziness and lightheadedness! I would go ahead and guess since that you had clean ekg's, you're good! Just try to rest and drink plenty of water!
Bookmark and Share
God wouldn't give you anything you couldn't handle!

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 02:02:31 PM »
The thing is, this is my PMS, and not my actual period. :( My periods have been getting lighter, but my PMS has been horrible. My stomach is acting badly, so this could be a stomach bug as well.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.

Offline JER2911

• Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
  • Rec's: 28
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 02:44:46 PM »
Any chance you could be pregnant?  If not, I'd say that this is all caused by anxiety.  Once you latch onto a symptom and freak about it...then all the rest come on with a vengeance.  It's like a domino effect on your nervous system. 

PMS will definitely exasperate the problem.  I know that mid cycle is when I have the worst time with fighting off panic/anxiety attacks and the like...
Bookmark and Share
Matthew 6:27  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 02:50:52 PM »
This is a bit TMI but important for the situation, I am not pregnant, I am a virgin. I would say it's a bad hormone imbalance but my TSH is normal. PMS makes all of my body worse, and these symptoms are new [aside from normal PMS symptoms like sore breasts and cramps, which is what I have as well].
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 04:04:15 PM »
Anybody else?
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.

Offline BeeDot

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 05:10:34 PM »
I would have to agree with JER.  I know that this happens to me....when I latch on to a symptom and then everything snowballs from there.  Once I notice a pain in my shoulder, then I have a pain in my chest, and then in my jaw, and then my back.....and on and on.

I know that the sugary snack was a good way to get your blood sugar up if it was low, but maybe next time try some fruit with some cheese and crackers or something.  A honey bun will quickly raise your blood sugar, but will also cause a quick drop after it's through your system.  (unless you are diabetic in which case, I have no idea how you are supposed to manage your blood sugar)

I cannot emphasize the importance of healthy eating, exercise, adequate sleep, relaxation/meditation.  This is the same advice that others give me.  We all need to be reminded every now and then how important it is to take care of ourselves both mentally and physically.
Bookmark and Share
For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe.  -Author Unknown

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 05:32:30 PM »
I am not diabetic but it runs in my family. :( I get bad sleep and I've been eating like crap as well, and it's been hard lately- especially because it's winter and emotionally speaking, I've fallen on hard times. PMS gives me bad symptoms but not this bad before. :( I'm nervous.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.

Offline BeeDot

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 05:40:36 PM »
Ok, well definitely don't want you concerned about being diabetic: ) I don't think that's what is going on either. 

I hear you that eating better and taking care of yourself can be harder when it is colder outside and when you're having a hard time emotionally.  I really encourage you to stay plugged in here as well as lean on family or friends for support.  If you are not comfortable sharing your health concerns with friends/family, then they can still support you emotionally in other ways. 

Bookmark and Share

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 05:49:28 PM »
It's all really hard, and my PMS is really kicking my ass. Cramping, nausea [although no vomiting], and fatigue...all rough, along with this.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.

Offline BeeDot

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 07:15:24 PM »
Luckily, PMS is a temporary state.  Soon, your hormones will move right along and you'll start to feel better.

If your symptoms of PMS are truly unbearable (not your anxiety sensations, but the feelings truly caused by PMS) there are medications or birth control that can help make PMS not so intense.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 05:14:55 PM »
Hi, I can empathize with you because I get extremely bad cramps every month. The cramps have been so bad at times that I came pretty close to fainting from the severe pain, many times. But in your case it may have been coupled from not eating all day, and then just eating the honey bun. Meals and snacks are better eaten with some protein added so that you don't have that drop in energy.

I don't think it is your heart since you are only 15 years old it would be very unlikely the cause :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: