Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What Happens When You Begin to Start Thinking About *****?  (Read 564 times)

Offline sgreens1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What Happens When You Begin to Start Thinking About *****?
« on: January 07, 2014, 08:04:36 AM »
Hey guys-

I have been unable to find a job in my profession for 8 months, and have slowly become more anxious, agorapobic, and now I'm starting to get reallly depressed. I'm not sure that I'd ever be able to take my own life, but it seems to be going that way. I have no interests, no fun, no happiness....I'm sick of sitting here doing the same thing day after day. I have been drinking more as well. What do I do? And yes, I"m on an antidepressant and am seeing a therapist.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: What Happens When You Begin to Start Thinking About 0119?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 08:29:56 AM »
Oh, I am so sorry. S is no option at all, so forget that. None of us could ever do that to those we leave behind. So that's number one item. The work situation is so very rough for so many. I blame technology, the global economy and who knows what else. We can't all be scientific geniuses, inventors, artists, etc.

So what can we do? First, drinking won't solve a thing. What would I do? Research where there may be work possibilities and train for them. Take the necessary courses, get the skills. The "interest, fun, happiness" are a by product of feeling productive and self supporting. You've come to a good place, we can try and support you as best we can. We want to give you optimism and hope. We are fighters. There is no other way. Wishing you all the best, keep us posted.
Bookmark and Share

Offline XOTWOD

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 05:15:32 PM »
Hi Sgreens1, first of all I would like to start off by saying that you are not alone. Your situation is very similar to mine. I have been looking for a job for the last 5 months and I am experiencing a lot of your symptoms. However, I agree with Tinam, drinking is not the answer, it will only make you feel worse. I watch my dad drink away his life and I swear I will never become like him. I have been suffering from depression and anxiety for 3 years and my situation has made it much worse. I am not on antidepressants and do not see a therapist because of my anxiety, however, I have a few tips that have helped me, especially on really bad days. Stay active, go for a walk in the park or go to the library, fresh air is vital. Also, try to think of at least one positive thing about yourself before bed. Trust me, it does help. I know it is easier said than done, but please TRY for no one other than yourself. I hope I have helped; message me anytime if you need to and good luck with the job search.
Bookmark and Share

Offline howifeel

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
  • Guilt is not a feeling but a verdict.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 02:19:52 AM »
I would like to add that medications and therapy are good, but you can add even more. In your location I would suggest a trip to a NAMI group or DBSA. I keep repeating this in many other posts. I only say it because it helped me with my treatment refractory major depression accompanied by an uncontrollable urge to end my life. Many people in your community want to help face to face. You will find them at these groups. Overcoming this takes a multidisciplinary approach. Meds to help your brain chemistry, therapy for a professional opinion by someone who won't necessarily relate, but will be highly informed, peer support from fellow sufferers who are not professional, but can relate, and as treatment takes priority, the driving force (unemployment maybe) will eventually capitulate. Just sayin'.
Bookmark and Share
I do things to feel better, I don't wait to feel better to do things.

Tags: Suicide depression