Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: HEAD MRI TODAY..Hoping to ease my anxiety!  (Read 433 times)

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
HEAD MRI TODAY..Hoping to ease my anxiety!
« on: January 07, 2014, 05:06:53 AM »
So for over 6 weeks now I have had a constant headache/pressure ontop of my head and at the back of my head. I also have high BP now controlled with Propranolol.. oh and I'm anxious obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be here right?!

I have been so ER once, had an eye test and routine bloods, to be told I have anxiety and nothing more.

I obviously don't believe these results and I have decided I must have a brain tumour. I have also been feeling rather nauseous lately, even if I do take my Propranolol with food.. another symptom of a BT right?

I have tried Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Hot baths, Wheat bags, Heat Rub and tiger balm (I have tight neck and back muscles), a head and neck massage but I STILL have the headaches! I wake up without the headache.. for about 20 minutes.. then it reappears. I can rest, work, walk, eat etc and it makes no difference.

I have been referred for CBT and had my first phone session lastnight but in my head I think until I get the MRI results back, what's the point in talking about my HA when it might actually be that I have a BT and it's not 'all in my head'?!

So I have my MRI tonight at 4.40 and I know I won't get the results for a few weeks, but I am HOPING that if it was a BT they would rush the results through and let me know... here's to hoping eh?!

Sorry to babble but I am panicking right now as to what I will do if it is bad news and if it isn't, will this feeling go away... EVER?! B-;
Bookmark and Share

Offline Natsab87

• Poke This Member
Re: HEAD MRI TODAY..Hoping to ease my anxiety!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 05:32:29 AM »
Wow what an inappropriate response to my post. I came here looking for advise and support, not to be advised to ingest marijuana oil. I am also hoping I don't have a brain tumour, so thanks for advising me how marijuana will cure my brain tumour that I HOPE NOT TO HAVE.

I am very anti-drugs and considering I am anxious as it is, I can't quite see how putting something harmful into my body would possibly do any good.

I don't think you should be advising anyone on anything if that's the kind of crap you're coming out with.

BTW if you're here because you have anxiety issues, I can pretty much guarantee the weed smoking/ingesting is definitely not helping you, it's probably the cause.
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 06:21:38 AM »
http://spiritualawareness.co.in/blog/?p=477

do those neck exercises... the pain is likely coming from your neck from tense muscles. I had that same problem and ive been doing those neck exercises faithfully 3 times a day and it worked (i had a bad headache for 11 days straight... almost brought me to tears it hurt so bad). A lot of people have this problem and its from being forced to be on the computer all the time with poor posture. That link above also tells you how you should sit while on the computer. I adjusted my work space according to that link, wear glasses while on the computer to avoid sticking my neck out to see better, and also i applied heat for 20 minutes three times a day and i cured my problem. I recently had an MRI of my brain and everything was normal, so it further proves my point that it is just neck strain and referred pain from that due to having to be on the computer mon-friday from 8 to 5 for work. THe neck exercises help me to manage throughout the work week. I went to my primary and they were like oh just take tramadol. Well, i never took any of that (that is heavy duty medicine). So i cured my problem without medicine by taking precautionary measures and it worked. It took a full week after the 11 day headache before i was completely free of any pain and i continue to do neck exercises because it helps. Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Natsab87

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 06:59:05 AM »
Thank you for your sensible and thoughtful response unlike the one above! I will definitely give that a go!
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 07:48:15 AM »
I have known a number of people with brain tumors and all of them had PROGRESSIVELY WORSENING headaches.
My doctor told me that tension in your back, neck and shoulders can cause head pain and head sensations. Possibly
a therapeutic massage or a visit to a holistic pharmacist or physician for suggestions may be of help. Good luck on the
MRI.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Natsab87

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 09:42:45 AM »
Thanks for the advice Marc,  I do hope you're right and that is the cause. It's totally irrational that I fear it being a BT but now i've got the idea in my mind, it won't leave!

I've had no other symptoms and my headaches have styaed the same. The masseuse did tell me my neck muscles were very tight so I hope this is the cause. When the headaches first started my neck felt fine though so that's what makes me wonder if it's related.

Oh well.. I suppose in a few weeks i'll know if it's a BT or not! I am hoping it doesn't go too slowly as it's an agonising wait!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 03:14:04 PM »
Hope it goes well keep us posted!
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 04:21:22 PM »
I think you are totally fine! If you had a tumor the first symptom would likely be seizures. Pain is not the first symptom. Did you know that the brain cannot feel pain because it does not have pain receptors. So when people feel head pain it is usually related to nerve pain or muscle pain. You know how you can test that nothing serious is going on is to do this. Walk on tippy toes to an object about 10 feet away. Then pick another object and walk on your heels to it about ten feet away. Stand upright, close your eyes, and touch your nose with your index finger. If you can do all those things without falling on the floor then you do not have a tumor and you do not have any damage to myelin sheath, such as with multiple sclerosis. Good luck!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Natsab87

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 04:40:53 PM »
Livelaughlove I just did this and all ok! MRI was ok, very noisy and I had trouble staying still! I won't take this as   gospel but after i asked how long the results took as I was anxious and she said erm if I were you I wouldn't worried... so I took reassurance from that. Kind of! I work at the hospital so she said she would see what she could do to get results back quickly. Will start with those exercises tomorrow as my neck is so sore making top of my head really tender.

Thank you for your reply!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 06:40:14 PM »
Glad it went ok for you :) I'm sure everything will come back ok let us know x
Bookmark and Share

Offline FreakOutQueen

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 12:06:48 AM »
Hi there!!!!

The mind will do some crazy things! I was convinced I had a brain tumor and had horrible headaches for over a year, had an MRI, found no tumor and my headaches went away. Tension and anxiety can definitely cause these symptoms. I would try to relax until you find out the results. Sooooooo much easier said than done! I have an MRIthursday of my back and chest (I too think I have a tumor). Ohhhhh how HA works in mysterious ways! Good luck! Keep us posted :-)
Bookmark and Share

Offline hasenfuss22

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 01:00:55 AM »
I have a brain tumor but it's actually closer to the optic nerve. The one and only symptom i had and still have is loss of vision ( about 50 %). It's a myth that people always have headaches with brain tumors. It's really depends on the location.
My nightmare of a brain tumor actually came true but at least it's not cancer. I had surgery 3 weeks ago and will do radiation next since they can't take it all out.
Bookmark and Share
extreme fear of cancer

Offline Natsab87

• Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 08:58:31 AM »
Thanks for the replies! I am trying hard to relax and hoping the results are ok but I feel bloody awful. I have burning between the top of my shoulder blades and although i've applied ibuprofen gel, it's not doing much. I have adjusted my posture and am doing the exercises but i'm in agony. I also have burning at the back of my head and around the crown that seems to be getting worse. I wish I knew what was causing this. In addition I feel so sick it's unreal. I keep needing to eat dry biscuits to get rid of the sickness feeling! What the hell is wrong with me and when will it stop?!

Any suggestions much appreciated! PS I am at work sitting typing all day which doesn't help, but when I'm at home it seems no different.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: