Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Any other Moms worrying about sending kids to school with so many flu cases?  (Read 172 times)

Offline Ksteph

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Where do I start! I am sitting here worrying myself sick about the H1N1 flu, I am a Mom to a 3 year old and a 1 year old and my 3 year old goes to a Tuesday Thursday school that starts back tomorrow. I don't even want to take him because I am afraid he will get the flu. None of us got flu shots as I constantly read and heard bad things about them, now I am wondering if we should have got them. I am trying so hard to make sure my boys wash their hands several times a day, this is just stressing me out! It seems like the only things I have read about H1N1 is the stories of it killing people. I am so scared that one of my boys will get it and I will feel like a horrible Mom for not getting them vaccinated for this. Being a Mom is really hard and trying to do what is best for your children is even harder. :( 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
In real life everybody can't hide away every time something like this crops up. We could blame schools for a lot of things that children catch. But this latest flu thing in the US is no different from when it hit Ireland and the UK a few years back. The media started a major panic off. To be honest I can't say I know even one person who caught this strain of flu in the area I live in. These are working class areas. Loads of people. Bit of a concrete jungle. Stuff as many people into an area as possible. Those more of risk of harm are the old and the sick. With a healthy person it would be just like a strong flu. Schools should send out letters to all parents saying that if they notice their kids are sick to please keep them at home. A common sense request. But the media had made people worry a lot more. I remember the UK had a number of cases. Ireland put measures in place at airports and ferry terminals. Talking one or two cases in the whole of Ireland. But it was all blown up into this massive thing by the media. News stations with 24 / 7 news reports. You keep hearing about it is going to worry you more. Just give it a month or two and they will find something new to worry you with.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Ksteph

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Yes, the media is awful! I think I'm not going to watch the news for awhile. I just hope parents use their common sense and keep their sick children home, I don't know if you have kids but you wouldn't believe how many times I've seen parents not keep their kids home when they know they are sick!!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Parenting flu