Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: hidradenitis suppurativa  (Read 361 times)

Offline Sammystu

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
hidradenitis suppurativa
« on: January 07, 2014, 12:06:02 AM »
Hi all,
Has or does anyone here suffer from hidradenitis suppurativa? Is a skin condition where cysts get inflamed. I had it 15 years ago and now it is rearing its ugly head again. I have several cysts in my armpits and the dr's advice is life-long antibiotics or biologics, neither of which interest me. Anyone have success with homeopathic/natural remedies? I am female, overweight, but not obese, so I don't think that is the major trigger here. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Best, Sammystu
Bookmark and Share

Offline MrsBree

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: hidradenitis suppurativa
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 05:10:59 PM »
Hello!

This is my first time posting on this site and I see your question was posted a long time ago, but just in case you or someone else is still wondering about or googling this, I wanted to give my two cents  :happy0151:

I was diagnosed with hydradenitis about a year ago by a dermatologist who was removing what I thought was an infected cyst. Reading up on the condition (and being anxious to begin with...) really freaked me out. One year later, though, I have not had any new lumps develop or need medical attention. I know that's not a very long time to go by, BUT in the chance that what I'm doing is actually working and not just a coincidence, here's a few ideas:

-wash areas prone to hyrdadenitis (chest, groin, armpits) regularly with Hibiclens solution. This was the solution given to me by the derm before my surgery and I kept using it afterward. I don't use it daily but keep some in my shower in a spray bottle to squirt on and rinse off when I think of it (after my surgery I used it daily for a long time). I order a big bottle off Amazon or I think you can get it at some pharmacies.

-take zinc every day. I don't remember if this was something I read about or if it was recommended by someone, but maybe it's working! I've also read that taking turmeric helps, but have not tried it myself.

-this might sound offensive, but I don't mean it that way- shower right away after being very warm or very active (like at the gym or after a walk), and if a shower isn't available then wipe down with baby wipes or hibiclens wipes (also on Amazon) and change into loose clothing. I've read that friction can aggravate hydradenitis.

-check yourself. Try not to obsess and look for microlumps under the skin because you will find them and they might be unrelated! But, I think there is something to treating new lumps sooner than later. Before I had surgery, the derm gave me a steroid injection straight into the lump and it went down significantly. I have always wondered if surgery could've been avoided if I had had something so simple done sooner.

I hope some of these ideas are new and maybe useful to you if you're still looking for non-medicine remedies. Also please check in if you have the time, I would like to hear about some things that may be working for you as well!

:action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share