Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Chest pain really, really (really) starting to get the best of me  (Read 596 times)

Offline stockwiz

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Relieved
    Relieved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chest pain really, really (really) starting to get the best of me
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 04:54:12 PM »
I had a cardio CT scan, also known as a CT angriogram, with a very high resolution scanner that showed no blockages and no incidental findings.  Whatever I have, it can't really be from blockages and does in fact seem to be related to adrenaline buildup in the body. I wouldn't have believed it but I can't deny the results of the scans and the pictures that I see.

You mention that you take acid blockers to try to fix the  burning... well then it's probably your stomach, not your heart.
Bookmark and Share

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 04:58:58 PM »
You mention that you take acid blockers to try to fix the  burning... well then it's probably your stomach, not your heart.

The thing about it is, it doesn't really help.  Or maybe it does.  It seems very random.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline treadstone

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 05:41:12 PM »
Hey Weg, I feel you on your chest pain problem. I'm now going on six months of near-constant chest discomfort. It absolutely destroyed the latter half of 2013 for me and unfortunately 2014 has gotten off to a terrible start too.

I don't know if my pain is like yours at all. Mine sort of feels like a weird tearing, or like there are splinters of wood or glass stuck somewhere in my chest area - esophagus, lungs, heart? When it gets real bad, it can feel very uncomfortable to talk, breathe deeply, or cough. The one thing that's kept me from panicking and running to the hospital is that I can sort of interact with and change the pain by tilting my head around and rocking my body around as I sit. I don't believe you can do that with heart pain, but I could be wrong. I don't feel like checking. :(

My biggest challenge recently is knowing when the anxiety ends and the 'real' problems begin. I continue to believe, at least in part, that the pain is real and the anxiety is a response. That's what it feels like. But from what I've read, I need to wholly believe that the anxiety causes the pain, even when it comes about while I'm feeling relaxed. It seems unfair that anxiety can do these things even from 'beyond the grave', when it seems to be under control or away for a while.

I'm just trying to deal with it as best I can while I save up money to see a doctor.
Bookmark and Share

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 06:31:41 PM »
Mine feels like all kinds of things, but really like a pressure like someone trying to slowly pull my heart right out of my ribcage.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline NeverAgain2

• Rec's: 12
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 01:52:34 AM »
Mine feels like all kinds of things, but really like a pressure like someone trying to slowly pull my heart right out of my ribcage.

I have had this. Had it so bad that it felt like meat hooks ripping my chest apart.  It was burning; it was pressure; it was a twisted, torqued feeling.  It was more than a feeling: my entire torso was torqued from anxiety and stress. I was fighting it so much I distorted all my torso muscles into one horrible knot.   It is was very distressing, as it was with me standing, walking, sitting.  It decreased when sleeping.

You seem to have an understanding of anxiety illness.  Can you accept that this is a distressing but not dangerous symptom?  Can you substitute an insecure thought for a secure thought?  Can you be self-led and not symptom led?  Can you do what you fear to do, or do the symptoms hold you prisoner? 

This problem is nasty, because it is one that goes, literally, right to the heart and lungs and center of a person.  Been there.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: