Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Stomach pains so scared it's stomach cancer help /:  (Read 1052 times)

Offline kevinlara

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stomach pains so scared it's stomach cancer help /:
« on: January 06, 2014, 03:53:14 PM »
Hi guys lately I've been having this knott like feeling in my throat and worst of all this nauseas and discomfort in my stomach. I did the stupid mistake of looking up my symptoms online and it said that all these symptoms pointed towards stomach cancer. This is all I've been thinking of and I'm freaking out can't even concentrate in class /: does anyone else have these symptoms? Just a little background information I'm 22 diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorder for about half a year and have been taking Zoloft 75mg for this. Someone help please!! Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline tysmart

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stomach pains so scared it's stomach cancer help /:
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 04:31:12 PM »
I can tell you it is extremely rare for anyone to have stomach cancer, much less someone at your age.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 06:57:42 PM »
tysmart is right, I know because I did my research when I thought I had it, and found out Its nearly impossible to get it (I'm 20). Anxiety can cause a lot of stomach issues, I have acid reflux and it's 20 times worse when I'm anxious and I get most of what you described plus some chest pain. What is your diet like?
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 07:39:00 PM »
I knew someone who got stomach cancer at 30. The docs told him that it was rare for him to get it even at 30. His symptoms were tremendous and unrelenting. I will not get into them here but believe me, it was obvious that something was wrong. He couldn't function at all. He is now been in remission for 3 years.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline kevinlara

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 09:06:27 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys I truly appreciate it, helps me feel a little better since you guys mention that stomach cancer seems to be extremely rare at my age. CrazyQuaker75 I don't want to say that I have the healthiest diet ever but I try to eat as healthy as I can. Mom makes a lot of organic stuff and I probably eat fast food once a week /: I exercise moderately and I'm part of a soccer team so I play soccer game once a week. I don't know if that helps or makes things better. Once again though thanks so much for the responses.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Vasallus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 12:20:00 AM »
I have stomach cancer fears too, but yeah it is very rare for people our age. (I am 26). I used to smoke, drink, never exercised, and had a terrible diet so if I didn't get it I'm sure someone healthy like you won't. (Note: I am now much healthier thanks to my HA. A gift and a curse! Lol)
Bookmark and Share

Offline kevinlara

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 02:39:28 PM »
Vasallus thanks so much! It does give me some comfort knowing this. I've tried not to think about it but it's just all I think about all day, on top of that my stomach has been just full of gas and I have been burping a lot lately, maybe this is what's causing the stomach discomfort? Any who thanks so much for the response really appreciate it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scaredofsymptoms

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 04:24:20 PM »
I just got done with my endoscopy and it was a breeze. It's totally calmed me down and ya be what you need for peace of mind. All that they found was acid reflux, mild gastritis and 2 tiny stomach polyps.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: