Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: CT Scan Update!!!  (Read 236 times)

Offline mct425

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
CT Scan Update!!!
« on: January 06, 2014, 02:18:07 PM »
So I went ahead and had the CT scan of my sinuses done about two weeks ago then went on vacation and TRIED to forget about it--didn't really work though. After the scan I went to my dentist to have him check my teeth and mouth to find out why they were bothering me.  He found nothing and said the "growth" I was feeling was bone and had always been there.  Amazingly, my mouth stopped bothering me the very next day-guess anxiety was the root of that!

Anyway, I had my appointment today with the ENT to go over the CT results.  I nearly threw up in his waiting room with nerves!  I was so convinced there was a tumor in there. Of course I analyzed the nurse, the receptionist, and the doctor in terms of how they treated me...word of advice...DON'T try to do that  :spineyes:

Doctor came in and told me I had "textbook sinuses" and that he's never seen sinuses in such great condition.  No tumor, growth, infection, NOTHING. He then showed me my scans and pointed out how everything was perfect. He said I was having sinus pressure and there was nothing medically wrong.  Huge relief, but then he suggested I see my GP for anxiety issues.  I kind of chuckled and told him I'd follow up with that. 

So no sinus tumor here.  The pressure is pretty much a constant which is annoying, but I just need to keep reminding myself that two doctors and a dentist have now said there's nothing medically wrong.

Bookmark and Share

Offline JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
Re: CT Scan Update!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 06:03:44 PM »
Congratulations on your good test results!
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Tags: