Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: New here  (Read 87 times)

Offline Lovemydogs

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New here
« on: January 06, 2014, 07:43:56 AM »
Just wanted to say hello, and that I am very happy to have come across this site. I just worry all the time, I have many physical symptoms (mainly chest, shoulders, neck) all pertaining to worrying about this dumb heart.  I worry all day, everyday. 24/7  I am petrified that it is just going to stop.  I am not comfortable in my own skin ever. I am so in tune with every beat, flutter, or feeling in that area.  (any area really)  I have had many ekg's, bloodwork, heart monitor, stress test, all which have come back fine, but I can not beat this. I lost a friend young 2 years ago to a heart attack, and then another close friend, had a heart attack same age, but he is fine thank goodness.  Both were the same age, and I am coming up on that age.  I think this just feeds my fear. Anyway thanks to all for being here, and I am very glad to be here.
Bookmark and Share
😳

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 08:58:18 AM »
Hi Lovemydogs,

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Love, what you are experiencing is quite common with Health Anxiety.  You will find many here who experience similar issues.  One this I suggest is to talk to your doctor, not about your heart, but about your anxiety.  There are many medications that can help you get it under control. And, you may not need them long term.  Therapy is also a good idea.  I was on Lexapro for 9 months.  In that time, I went to therapy and learned non-med strategies to deal with my anxiety.  I was then able to taper off the meds.  But, don't be afraid to try them.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything