Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: When is it going to end? Now new, real symptoms - help! TMI alert.  (Read 291 times)

Offline megant19

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
So my HA was doing great for awhile, accepted my costochondritis diagnosis and stopped worrying about those symptoms. Then, 2 nights ago I got up to pee and it HURT. Had to get up and go several times throughout the night. Next morning, again it was painful and this time there was bright red blood when I wiped. This happened 3 times before I went into urgent care. Had a urine screen which showed large amounts of microscopic blood and some protein in the urine - 30 mg/dl. The dr said there were white blood cells there as well. Now I am terrified I have bladder cancer. My paternal grandfather died of this at the age of 42 when my dad was 12. Was prescribed antibiotics and it does feel a bit better today and haven't seen any blood. I am so scared. The dr said that blood with a UTI is normal but you usually can't see it. So of course this has sent me into a tailspin. They are doing a culture and I will find out tomorrow if it is in fact an infection. Can anyone please help ease my mind?
Bookmark and Share

Offline michelle360

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: When is it going to end? Now new, real symptoms - help! TMI alert.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 11:40:57 PM »
Ouch. Sorry for your pain. First off you are jumping the gun here a little yes? I don't know much about bladder cancer, but I imagine it doesn't usually get confused with an infection and that it would not start to feel better with antibiotics. Anyways let us know when the doctor confirms the infection! :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline lulululu

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 06:38:59 AM »
I had a UTI once, and there was blood in the urine. If antibiotics work, then its certainly not cancer :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 08:08:28 AM »
Something like that would scare anyone. I remember when I was 25, I went to the bathroom and
when I got up, the whole toilet was filled with blood and when I wiped, the toilet paper was filled
with blood. I thought I was toast. It turned out to be nothing major, as the odds are yours will be
also.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: