Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Gallbladder or muscle problem??  (Read 971 times)

Offline n50plic

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Gallbladder or muscle problem??
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2014, 08:17:58 PM »
So should I request a HIDA scan from my gi? Would low functioning GB cause any pain at all?
Bookmark and Share

Offline NeverAgain2

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2014, 11:21:57 PM »
I had bloodwork done, upper abdominal ultrasound, and just had an endoscopy. All supposedly came back fine just a little irritation and redness in my gut. I still have pain in my right side shooting through to my mid/lower back. My question is would all these tests show if there was something serious going on or should I order an mri and more testing? I just want to know what's wrong like so many of us apparently. They didn't tell me my GB was low functioning. Would the Ultrasound show that or not? I have so many questions I think I need new doctors :(

Having gone through this, with the pain in the right side that went around to the back, this after my GB was removed (and before) I had all kinds of tests, and all of them showed negative.  Then I had the brilliant idea, thanks to Dr. Google, that I might have a back problem, and I went to a neurologist and he did a little prickle pin test across the top of my chest, and my skin jumped.  He told me I had a herniated disc and that I would need surgery, and then proceeded to show me an image of his brother-in-law's back, who had just had surgery. (So much for the HIPPA laws).  Anyway, I went home and decided to follow up with an MRI, and sure enough I had a herniated disc in my mid-back, which terrorized me for 1.5 years as the pain got worse and worse.  Then I wised up and did some reading, thanks to Pan on here, who advised me to read "Healing Back Pain," by John Sarno MD.  That got me straightened out about spines, so to speak.  Almost everybody over the age of 20 has spinal abnormalities, but did ONE doc tell me that?  NO. 

The lesson is this, if you keep looking for something, it will be found.  Just like my so-called disc problem.  The neurologist hadn't even hit the right dermitome on my chest, as the disc was way below that.  But it was close enough to the problem to have them all conclude I had a severe back problem.   

You are on an anxiety site.  Why?

Please take a breath and examine your life.  Especially if you are not experiencing typical GB problems and if you are not positive for tests. 

I'm not a doctor, but people go into a horrible panic about right-sided pain because of the organs on that side, but in so, so many cases the organ is fine and the pain remains. Why?  Anxiety/stress/depression.

Good luck.  You must do all the tests to your satisfaction, but, like me, you can do one test too many and draw the wrong conclusions and get much, much worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sparkle

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2014, 11:44:48 PM »
n50plic,

Yes, a low functioning gallbladder causes pain. I found out I have a low functioning gallbladder via a HIDA scan. Maybe you should ask your doctor for one if you continue to get pains. I am meeting with a surgeon Monday.
Bookmark and Share

Offline n50plic

• Poke This Member
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2014, 11:57:37 PM »
Never again I hear you loud and clear and I too have two herniated discs. I really am trying to convince myself that most of this is anxiety especially since I feel fine and don't notice much when I'm busy. I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow and get a more detailed breakdown of what all these tests looked for even tho they came back normal
 they basically just said oh everything is fine and just shoed me away. I want to know what they tested for, what they loomed at with both the ultra and the Endo. I think after some real explaining I will feel better and can try and tackle this dreadful anxiety. Thanks for all your information.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NeverAgain2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2014, 11:58:54 PM »
n50plic,

Yes, a low functioning gallbladder causes pain. I found out I have a low functioning gallbladder via a HIDA scan. Maybe you should ask your doctor for one if you continue to get pains. I am meeting with a surgeon Monday.

I don't have a GB anymore. I don't have any pains anymore.  That was a long time ago.   It was chronic stress and anxiety, and I had to make changes and change my thinking to get rid of it.

I wish you well, but hopefully you will consider things posted.

Bookmark and Share

Offline NeverAgain2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2014, 12:01:20 AM »
Never again I hear you loud and clear and I too have two herniated discs. I really am trying to convince myself that most of this is anxiety especially since I feel fine and don't notice much when I'm busy. I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow and get a more detailed breakdown of what all these tests looked for even tho they came back normal
 they basically just said oh everything is fine and just shoed me away. I want to know what they tested for, what they loomed at with both the ultra and the Endo. I think after some real explaining I will feel better and can try and tackle this dreadful anxiety. Thanks for all your information.

Good luck to you, too.  It is scary.  Most people have anxiety symptoms in their lower back or legs or TMJ or headaches or hives or rashes or gastric troubles, so I totally sympathize with all who go through this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sparkle

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2014, 06:49:39 PM »
Well, I had my appointment with the surgeon today. He didn't pressure me or anything. My dad came with me to help ask questions and whatnot. I am convinced it is my gallbladder now... unfortunately. I don't think it has anything to do with stress or anxiety. My gallbladder only functions at 20%! I will most likely be getting surgery for it. But in the mean time, I am going to try to eat a low fat diet and see if that helps or try some natural remedies or something... It's gotten to the point where I can't drink water without it hurting.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline NeverAgain2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2014, 07:36:23 PM »
Well, I had my appointment with the surgeon today. He didn't pressure me or anything. My dad came with me to help ask questions and whatnot. I am convinced it is my gallbladder now... unfortunately. I don't think it has anything to do with stress or anxiety. My gallbladder only functions at 20%! I will most likely be getting surgery for it. But in the mean time, I am going to try to eat a low fat diet and see if that helps or try some natural remedies or something... It's gotten to the point where I can't drink water without it hurting.  :(

Ahhh, well the not being able to drink water without pain; now that is a traditional sick gallbladder symptom. I never had any of that; just one attack and surgery.  Nothing wrong with trying the diet.  Best of luck to you. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline sparkle

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2014, 10:18:58 PM »
 Moebearocka1980, how have you been doing?

I am still undecided of whether to have surgery or not. I've been doing SO MUCH research on this and a lot of people have had really great success stories, while others have gotten worse or they still hurt after having their gallbladder removed. The surgeon told me I could try a low fat diet, which I've been doing... and the pain has lessened. But then it always seems to come back, no matter what. And especially from this weekend, I kind of lost myself because I've been feeling so good! We ended up going out to breakfast, then my boyfriend made lasagna and I ate a bunch of candy and chocolates... Lovely... Today I feel I am paying for it, as I started to hurt :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2014, 10:39:01 PM »
Hi Hun. I went to my GI doc on the 28th and I have an endoscopy scheduled for the 20th. My GI doc doesn't seem to think he'll find anything but wanted to do it just to make sure. He actually brought up doing the HIDA scan but since my pain isn't increasing based on the foods I eat, I'm holding off right now. We'll see what the results are of the endoscopy.

So you are getting pain now based on what you eat? I know you were thinking it could possibly be muscular before. You definitely have to weight all your options. I've read about people getting their GB removed and still having problems. It's a plus that you've had some success with the diet change. Are you leaning towards getting it removed?
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline sparkle

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2014, 11:01:50 PM »
I hope your endoscopy goes well! Unfortunately, yeah, I am leaning towards getting it removed, but then when it doesn't hurt, I wonder what's the point??? haha. Everyone is telling me I should hurry up and do it while it's not too bad. Bah. I guess we'll see!
Bookmark and Share